No announcement yet.

cap an unused drain

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • cap an unused drain

    Can I use a Fernco 3" cap (rubber cap, to cap an unused sewer or I have to glue a PVC cap? that 3" inlet I want to cap comes from a wye. It is a vertical run.

  • #2
    Re: cap an unused drain

    U can use a black rubber cap with no issues. It will work fine, make sure you tighten well. I use a tork wrench preset at 50 pounds but a 4 in one screwdriver works if u pull out the insert and use the impact end or whatever u want, just tighten real good. I use them all the time as it's easy to take off if u need access for whatever reason in the future. Hope this helps.
    The Plumber/Firefighter