X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Speedbump

I read you reply about pressure tanks and also followed your link. I am quite sure my bladder is kaput in my tank (Well-Mate Model WM6). Internet search leads me to believe that the bladder can be replaced. Is this true, or do I need to replace the whole tank? If it is replaceable, does that 3" (?) cap on the top unscrew? Or is there some other way to replace it?
    Thanks, PK

Re: Question for Speedbump

It can be replaced but good luck finding one and even better luck getting the old one out and cramming the new in. It ain't worth the effort.
    sigpic

Comment

NHMaster is correct. They aren't worth replacing. Well Mate is one of the worst tanks out there. They and Sta-Rites tank have replaceable bladders. When I hear this, it kind of makes one think that there is a reason for this. The bladders won't last is the reason.

I once changed one out. The tank was in a white finished garage in a very exclusive gated community. The lady who owned the mansion insisted I change her bladder. She wouldn't hear of buying a new tank. I took the 6 or eight nuts off the bottom flange, then pulled and struggled with the old bladder for at least 15 minutes until it finally let go and sprayed black sulphur all over me, the white walls and her. Needless to say, she wasn't happy, nor was I. I put the new one in, gave her a bill and she actually paid it; reluctantly. Hey... it wasn't my idea. Never again.

Trust me, stay away from big box, tractor stores, hardwares etc when buying such items. Stick with Well X Trol (not their big box one) or Flexcon (not their fiberglas) which is what I sell. They are the only two out there that will last.
      Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies, NHM and Speedbump. The tank was put in by the well drillers when I had the well drilled. I will try to locate one of those recommended.
        PK

Comment

pipestone, aren't you a little old for worring about a popped rubber

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            pipestone, aren't you a little old for worring about a popped rubber

rick.
            There may be snow on the roof, but there is sill fire in the furnace!!!

Comment

One more question--The Well-X-Trol list a WX 202 and a WX202 Pro. any advantage to the Pro?

Comment

What brand deep well pumps do you use?
                Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                  What brand deep well pumps do you use?
                  Don't know--put in by drillers. Been working fine for 18 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                    Don't know--put in by drillers. Been working fine for 18 years.
                    My bad...I meant to ask Speedbump, but I notice he's in Florida so they probably don't even use deep well pumps...sorry about that!
                    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

One more question--The Well-X-Trol list a WX 202 and a WX202 Pro. any advantage to the Pro?

The only diff. is the tank tee needed. The regular 202 uses a 13" tank tee

that screws into a ell at the bottom of tank and the pro model has the bottom

connection extended out through the base. It uses a short tee.

Rick

Comment

pipestone, aren't you a little old for worrying about a popped rubber

rick.
                        There may be snow on the roof, but there is sill fire in the furnace!!!
                        i volunteer to stoke your fire

rick.
                        Last edited by ToUtahNow; 04-23-2011, 12:00 AM. Reason: for Joey
                        phoebe it is

Comment

i volunteer to stoke your fire

rick.
                          Now you have me worried!!

Comment

I don't know the difference between the regular and the pro. I didn't even know they had two different models. I haven't sold them for years so I'm a little behind the times. I have been selling Flexcon for about 15 years since they first came out and have been very happy with them and I can buy them right. Well X Trol is a different story and they cost me too much.

We do still sell deep well jets here but they are rapidly going out of style with all the two and three inch wells being so old that most of the casings have holes in them now. I have sold the Betta Flo verticals and horizontals for about as long as I have the Flexcons. They are a very good pump and rate up there with the Goulds and Sta-Rites.

I just saw Pumpdoc's post about the tanks above. Now I know the difference.
                            Last edited by speedbump; 04-23-2011, 10:07 AM. Reason: Wasn't paying attention
                            Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

Now you have me worried!!
                              remember that mark edited it. it first said joey

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X