W.h. Pan is 1 " will 1" work as

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W.h. Pan is 1 " will 1" work as

An area drain? If I borezit under slab for an area drain , what is the Minimum size drain for T+P Thanks
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: W.h. Pan is 1 " will 1" work as

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    An area drain? If I borezit under slab for an area drain , what is the Minimum size drain for T+P Thanks
    The size of the outlet port on the valve.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Great ,Now I can get rid of that watts 210 valve for this family
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

If your boring a new line under the slab I assume you are below the ground with the discharge? Dont trap the relief line and do not let it terminate below grade. Here the minimum size drain pipe under the slab is 2". I personally used 1.5" pipe under the slab for my water heater pan drain.....I used a sanitary tee at the slab and extended pipe out of the top of the tee about 12" and dropped the 3/4 relief line into it about 6". Inspector said no problem,do it how you want.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
          If your boring a new line under the slab I assume you are below the ground with the discharge? Dont trap the relief line and do not let it terminate below grade. Here the minimum size drain pipe under the slab is 2". I personally used 1.5" pipe under the slab for my water heater pan drain.....I used a sanitary tee at the slab and extended pipe out of the top of the tee about 12" and dropped the 3/4 relief line into it about 6". Inspector said no problem,do it how you want.
          He has outside area drains plumbed to a sump pit. I would never set up a trapped situation.

Comment

Working...
          X