X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Installing a new steel tub...

Minnesota Plumbing code, nope nothing there either.

4715.0960 TRAPS PROHIBITED.

No form of trap which depends for its seal upon the action of movable parts or concealed interior
    partitions shall be used.

Full "S" traps, bell traps, and crown vented traps, are prohibited.

Traps shall not be made up with fittings, unless authorized by the administrative authority.

Water-cooled grease traps are prohibited.

No fixture shall be double-trapped.

Drum traps shall be installed only when permitted by the administrative authority for special
    conditions (laboratory tables, dental chairs, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
      Minnesota Plumbing code, nope nothing there either.

4715.0960 TRAPS PROHIBITED.

No form of trap which depends for its seal upon the action of movable parts or concealed interior
      partitions shall be used.

Full "S" traps, bell traps, and crown vented traps, are prohibited.

Traps shall not be made up with fittings, unless authorized by the administrative authority.

Water-cooled grease traps are prohibited.

No fixture shall be double-trapped.

Drum traps shall be installed only when permitted by the administrative authority for special
      conditions (laboratory tables, dental chairs, etc.).
      Sure doesn't and you even proved it. Your post does prove that the trap set up in his pic wouldn't meet your code. And on a better longer second look at the pic its a form of an s-trap because the inlet is higher than the outlet but your code will allow a partial or form of an s-trap maybe because I dont see that specifically listed.

Comment

Back to the pics...
        Hard to tell the difference between the CPVC and Sch. 40,
        but that blue glue is no good on CPVC. That orange Oatey
        crap ain't so good, either. Flowguard Gold is the best bet
        and for God's sake, wipe off the excess.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          Vince, there are alot of things wrong in those pictures. Even in the plumbing "corrections". Since the whole thing is torn open, it would be wise to do some more homework, or better yet, hire a good plumber to correct things.

J.C.
          I told them they should get a pro for this.
          That plywood was screwed on with 3" screws...lucky they didn't poke a hole in something.

Comment

Anyone for pancakes?

Comment

Anyone for pancakes?
              Waffles for me
              ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                Waffles for me
                Waffles is good. Pecan Waffle.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                  Waffles is good. Pecan Waffle.

J.C.
                  That is good stuff there..Maybe breakfast for dinner tonight..Can I suggest a waffle with a smiley face smiley
                  ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Chicken fried steak smothered in gravy, two eggs over easy and a pile of hash browns smothers in Tabasco sauce! Ok now I'm officially hungry!

Comment

Chicken fried steak smothered in gravy, two eggs over easy and a pile of hash browns smothers in Tabasco sauce! Ok now I'm officially hungry!
                      Ahhhh yes the old heart attack special
                      sigpic

Comment

french toast,smothered in butter,topped with blueberrys and real maple syrup. Canadian lean bacon. O.J. and coffee.
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Damn we need the Thanks button installed again.

Anyways..

Since I come from a state that has mostly running traps / building traps, they are illegal "EXCEPT" where local conditions necessitate such traps (1002.5) I.P.C. I understand the reason why they would be considered bad, but my counter argument is it's better for the guy who cables/jets drains. While you guys are pulling toilets and making a mess in the house, or pole vaulting to the roof, we are sipping brews outside where we can splash all the grease we want on the lawn.

I can't tell you the last time I pulled a toilet to cable a drain and we don't go to roof's here either.

But again..it's also considered double trapping. A sewer inspection won't pass in 98% of the jurisdictions around me without a building trap. They also need to be vented as well, or that won't pass either.
                          Last edited by Flux; 05-06-2011, 12:29 AM.

Comment

i know they are the cats asss, but i really don't care if they ever put in outside cleanouts. if it's really easy the ho & hh will do it. cleanouts should be in the basement. as i have the containers to contain the mess. even better to have to pull the stool. just sayin. breid.................

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                              i know they are the cats asss, but i really don't care if they ever put in outside cleanouts. if it's really easy the ho & hh will do it. cleanouts should be in the basement. as i have the containers to contain the mess. even better to have to pull the stool. just sayin. breid.................
                              I have yet to come across a homeowner who cables his own main drain. Maybe they do it where you're from, but here that's beneath just about everyone to touch their own feces/waste. Now I've seen a customer or 2 with trap plungers, but that's about it.

You can have all the containers in the world and be the cleanest Plumber in the country...still doesn't take away the fact that messes arise in the home and toilets can be broken as well. Even if you did have building traps like us, the overwhelming majority will still call a Professional in to clear the line.

We have cleanouts in the basements as well, but they are pretty much obsolete because of the building trap outside. We have a lot of 9'-10' ceilings here with the basement finished...I'll pull a toilet before I hit the cleanout in the basement.

Comment

Those pictures look like they were taken in my town. I see that stuff on a very regular basis out here. Many times I have walked off jobs when I find the entire house plumbed with PVC for the hot and cold water lines inside the home and the homeowner does not want to make it correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X