Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Basement Roughin, yet again.

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
    California venting requirements are not the same elsewhere. One three inch vent through the roof, 1-1/2" and 2" vents tied into the stack in the attic. I see no problem with it. Heal outlet 90's are not code in this state, can't use them. Not sure about Co.
    Thanks.....that wouldnt pass where I live but if its ok in that state then I see nothing wrong....I use a low heal outlet on 2 out of 3 toilets....thats crazy they are not legal there...

Comment

Originally posted by mtne View Post
      Flange is not set, I'll wait until I know the final floor elevation with the mud and tile. I've done this with both the W.C., floor drain, and tub as to verify exact location before final backfill and topcoat of concrete.
      I wouldn't glue the trap together or set the trap for the tub until after the concrete is poured personally, just block out enough room for the trap and adjustments with wood before pouring...

Comment

Originally posted by dlarrivee View Post
        I wouldn't glue the trap together or set the trap for the tub until after the concrete is poured personally, just block out enough room for the trap and adjustments with wood before pouring...
        That's what I'm planning..... just kinda failed with the words there......

Comment

If you are attempting to wet vent the tub and water closet then nothing other than a lav can be on the vent. No kitchen sinks, washers, utility sinks et.al.
          sigpic

Comment

Are you testing this & having it inspected?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by orcuttal View Post
              Thanks.....that wouldnt pass where I live but if its ok in that state then I see nothing wrong....I use a low heal outlet on 2 out of 3 toilets....thats crazy they are not legal there...

I started plumbing in Ca. and had to really change my thinking after moving home to Mn. We can't use the heal outlets here at all but after it was all said and done I find this method easier than trying to stub up 2" vents all over the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                If you are attempting to wet vent the tub and water closet then nothing other than a lav can be on the vent. No kitchen sinks, washers, utility sinks et.al.
                I was wondering about that part. It will be a minimal annoyance, but I can have that line turn the corner and tie into the first or mid wall 3" riser, leaving the end wall riser to function only as a dry vent. Good?
                The exception is for a bathroom sink fixture only. Nothing else would be able to drain there.

Looking for education and understanding here. Wet venting means whichever pipe is functioning to provide vent air also has a fixture draining to it upstream. When a fixture runs to a main on horizontal run where is it considered to be pulling vent air from? I was figuring on upstream of flow, yes? Nothing downstream is allowed to figure as providing vent air. So nothing upstream should feed into the vertical rise of the line providing vent for the horizontally feeding fixtures. It is allowable to have the water closet and toilet in line however?

If one doesn't wish to wet vent the water closet and or the tub, at what point after the p-trap do you vent? In both cases there's the drain : p-trap : < 2' of run to the wye on the main : < 5' and 3' respectively to the elbow of the vented riser and 3' between the receiving wye's. Just guessing here as I'm trying to learn......... one would add a vent in between the p-trap and the wye for both, which could be tied together, and then brought up and connected to the riser above flood rim for the room as long as nothing further was draining from above. Yes?

Did that make any sense? And no, I haven't set the concrete yet.

Comment

Are you having it tested and inspected? Codes vary so your inspector should be able to keep your installation correct.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                  X