Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
What pipe is better for a interior French Drain/Sump Pump system? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What pipe is better for a interior French Drain/Sump Pump system?

There is the solid white PVC pipe with holes in the lower section and the corrugated flexible pipe with small rectangular slices in them.

The plan is to put the system in the basement as an exterior system isn't feasible at this point.

Which would you think is better for me in a Center City 135 year old brick home, stone foundation, concreted around the back of the home where water is seeping in?
    Regards,
    K. Nezz

Re: What pipe is better for a interior French Drain/Sump Pump system?

typically the pvc is rated for interior use and the flex is exterior. also the pvc can be jetted/ cleaned when need with proper cleanouts. the poly flex is pretty well useless down the road.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      typically the pvc is rated for interior use and the flex is exterior. also the pvc can be jetted/ cleaned when need with proper cleanouts. the poly flex is pretty well useless down the road.

rick.
      Well I guess that says it all.........

Thanks a million!
      Regards,
      K. Nezz

Comment

The black flex elephant trunk is outlawed in some of our citys underground. It collapses ! Junk
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Rick is absolutely right . In the MD area all drain tile in the interior is the 4 inch black corrugated flex pipe with 4 inches of gravel below the pipe and 4 inches of gravel on top the pipe. Just above the footer weepholes are installed in the block or poured concrete so that if water gets in your wall it flows through the weepholes under your slab into your drain tile . Stone should be above your weep holes and should not be blocked by concrete. Some people even run 1/2 pipes from weep holes across top of footer to drain tile. Remember top of drain tile should be below top of footer. Drain tile should follow perimeter of the footer . Some people use filter cloth over top of stone / drain tile so it does not become filled with dirt. You can even sleeve it. In the MD area the concrete contractors run the drain tile but the plumber has to call in for the drain tile inspection. I can tell you this, they just throw into the dirt , cheat on stone and fail to install it properly. I have never seen anyone use the PVC pipe on new construction on the interior of a foundation, but Rick is right for sure. Use can use the PVC as Rick said and install the way I told you if this is what you are asking.
          The Plumber/Firefighter

Comment

Working...
          X