Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hack Saw or Compound Saw When Cutting PVC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hack Saw or Compound Saw When Cutting PVC?

I know what you mean.

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
    Been using the skillsaw on the second floor joist,hacksaw for vents only(three strokes through) since the eighties.

No way am I as fast.
    The Plumber/Firefighter

Comment

Battery Sawzall is the way to go. Each crew member has their own and it's fast. We use to use handsaws, but our arms got too big for our shirts. That was a joke...
      Plumbing Solutions, LLC
      Plumber in S.C.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberinsc View Post
        Battery Sawzall is the way to go. Each crew member has their own and it's fast. We use to use handsaws, but our arms got too big for our shirts. That was a joke...
        I had that problem at one time. LOL
        The Plumber/Firefighter

Comment

The pull saws that Rick mentions will work yes but the blades are so thin I wonder how they would hold up to plumbing work. Stanley makes a short blade saw that has a nice thick stiff blade and very sharp and agressive teeth. It works great for cutting PVC and the balde is only about 15" long so it can get stuffed in your 5 gal bucket and the handle just sticks above the rim. The wide blade will give a straighter cut than a hack saw and because of the grind of the teeth it gives a clean cut with no burrs

The one I have is over 12 years old, their current model is sold as part of the FatMax line and the blade is coated and the handle is a better design than mine, its aluminum and plastic with a soft overmolded grip.

15" Blade Length x 9 Points Per Inch FatMax® Saw with BladeArmor™ Coating

• BladeArmor™ composite coating protects the blade with 2x more rust protection, 6x more abrasion protection, and 50% less friction (compared to Stanley® lacquered saws)
          • Blade is 15% thicker than conventional saws for straighter cuts with less binding
          • SharpTooth™ Saw Technology uses three cutting surfaces to cut 50% faster than conventional Stanley® hand saws
          • Induction-hardened teeth stay sharp up to five times longer than standard teeth
          • Back of saw can be used to mark 45º and 90º angles
          • Thick, ergonomically designed grip resists slipping and adds comfort
          "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Lennox, Milwaukee and several others make PVC saws but who in hell is going to rough in an entire house by hand? Time is money people. Get er Done!
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X