X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is the T and P valve blowing?

I have a job for tomorrow where the t and p relief valve has blown water out in the morning either during or after water use.....the pressure going at the service bib is only 45 pounds......the water heater was installed about 3 years ago but was never lit until last week.....I found out the temp. dial was all the way up, the superintendent of the job turned it down before i got there....Do you think it was the temp being too high? Im wondering if I need to replace the thermocoupler....it is a bradford white 40 gallon....im going there in the morning for a couple hours so i should be able too see if the valve opens again....any ideas are appreciated...thanks

Re: Why is the T and P valve blowing?

J.C.

Comment

Maybe just a bad T&P
      Got a thermometer,see what the temp of the heater is
      Last edited by drtyhands; 05-10-2011, 11:38 PM.

Comment

spend $60.00 for an expansion tank. Code in Wash. state,they got it right
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I am with JC on this post
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by orcuttal View Post
            I have a job for tomorrow where the t and p relief valve has blown water out in the morning either during or after water use.....the pressure going at the service bib is only 45 pounds......the water heater was installed about 3 years ago but was never lit until last week.....I found out the temp. dial was all the way up, the superintendent of the job turned it down before i got there....Do you think it was the temp being too high? Im wondering if I need to replace the thermocoupler....it is a bradford white 40 gallon....im going there in the morning for a couple hours so i should be able too see if the valve opens again....any ideas are appreciated...thanks

If it was me I would replace the thermo couple and the burner assembly but if you're going to do that you may as well replace the flu piping and the gas valve too because you just never know!

NO NO NO NO I'M JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!! If the t-stat was turned all the way up then that's your problem. Replace the t&p valve, set the water heater to the correct temperature. It has NOTHING to do with the thermo couple.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
              If it was me I would replace the thermo couple and the burner assembly but if you're going to do that you may as well replace the flu piping and the gas valve too because you just never know!

NO NO NO NO I'M JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!! If the t-stat was turned all the way up then that's your problem. Replace the t&p valve, set the water heater to the correct temperature. It has NOTHING to do with the thermo couple.
              Thanks everybody....Ironranger, your the man, thats exactly what I did...I ll let you guys know if i have another problem with it....so far, so good though...

Comment

Originally posted by orcuttal View Post
                Thanks everybody....Ironranger, your the man, thats exactly what I did...I ll let you guys know if i have another problem with it....so far, so good though...

Comment

Working...
                X