toilet, vent or vertical waste line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toilet, vent or vertical waste line

I have a toilet that rarely flushes completely. Sometimes the toilet will flush normally with a lot of suction, but most of the time, the water level just goes down a little and toilet tissue will not flush down the drain.

The toilet is on the 2nd floor of a 2 story house. The toilet in the basement flushes fine so I don't think it's a problem with the line going to the street.
    Is it possible that the actually toilet is bad?

Thanks for any advice.

Re: toilet, vent or vertical waste line

take a bucket with 2 or 3 gal of water and dump it in stool. my guess is that the stool or drain from stool is obstructed. if water goes down do it several times to insure drain is clear. the water trick will tell you if tank part of stool is functioning. before you pull stool get a 2" inspection mirror at napa, a flashlight and look in the stool. you may need to suck it out with a shop vac. if that doesn't work shop vac stool, remove and check line. if line is empty (dump water down it with your bucket), then turn stool over carefully and look in bottom. have fun. breid................

Comment

Try clearing out the flush holes in the bowl..
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

What do you think about pouring Muriatic Acid down the over flow hole in the tank?
        I'm thinking this would dissolve any build up in the tank holes.

Comment

Originally posted by slash5bmw View Post
          What do you think about pouring Muriatic Acid down the over flow hole in the tank?
          I'm thinking this would dissolve any build up in the tank holes.
          Sure, as well as desolving the overflow tube probably..Muriatic acid is pretty powerful stuff..Run a coat hanger through the holes
          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
          X