Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Need advice on washing machine drain and water supply for seasonal mobile home Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need advice on washing machine drain and water supply for seasonal mobile home

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    Wow, fine? I'll tell Dad when I see Him! He was born 1899,graduated 1971.

LOL that was funny Tool. That was amazing.
    The Plumber/Firefighter

Comment

Re: Need advice on washing machine drain and water supply for seasonal mobile home

Originally posted by Fred the plumber View Post
      It's easy, cut into your line like flux told you. Run your 2 inch up through your platform, at around 16 to 18 inches cut your 2 x 11/2 x 2 tee for your standpipe. The horizontal pipe off your tee must be minimum 2 pipe diameters long or it is considered a s trap , your standpipe should not be longer then 24 inches or can possibly self siphon. I make mine 18 to 20 inches .Washer according to code must be 2 inch glue trap. Out of the top of you tee will be a 11/2 cheater vent or you can go through your roof which I doubt you want or need to.
      Really appreciate your advice Fred and flux. Being a novice myself, can you please clarify a couple points for me?

I was looking at this thread and post #2 looks a lot like what I think I want. The trap would be above the floor, which is fine by me. If I go with this approach, I'm assuming that once the vertical exits into the crawl space area, I can put in a 90 and then run 2" across and tie it in to the 3" main line with a wye that has two 3" holes and a 2" hole on the side.

Also, you mention a 2 x 1 1/2 x 2 tee. Does this mean that the "2" part is below and toward the trap, and the "1 1/2" part goes to the cheater vent?

Recommendations on glue to use? I think I have some purple glue that (I believe) says primer + glue.

Thanks.

-joe
      Last edited by JoePolvino; 05-23-2011, 12:51 PM.

Comment

I believe Your code calls for stand pipe to be 30" above trap weir height. Some camp set ups have their laundry's outside on a platform, with a make shift roof. Is this laundry in the mobile home ?
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

It is inside the mobile home. It appears that the area I am planning to put the appliances is sized to accommodate them as an option during build, but this was not done. I can extend the vent part of the standpipe a good 4 feet over the trap weir if that would make the code god "Plumbius" happy.

Comment

Yes you can use the 90 below the floor. What I like to do with washingmachine drain, is use long sweep 90's. Might not have to, but it makes me feel better.
            Your right on with the tee. You will have the 11/2" on the top of the tee for the vent, then 2" for trap and 2" down through the floor.
            The purple is the cleaner and then just get some PVC cement, and have at it.
            Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by JoePolvino View Post
              Really appreciate your advice Fred and flux. Being a novice myself, can you please clarify a couple points for me?

I was looking at this thread and post #2 looks a lot like what I think I want. The trap would be above the floor, which is fine by me. If I go with this approach, I'm assuming that once the vertical exits into the crawl space area, I can put in a 90 and then run 2" across and tie it in to the 3" main line with a wye that has two 3" holes and a 2" hole on the side.

Also, you mention a 2 x 1 1/2 x 2 tee. Does this mean that the "2" part is below and toward the trap, and the "1 1/2" part goes to the cheater vent?

Recommendations on glue to use? I think I have some purple glue that (I believe) says primer + glue.

Thanks.

-joe
              Joe you got it pal. I dont kow what your code is on the standpipe, our is no bigger then 24 inches. I think Tool gave you a number. I would always use purple primer first then pvc glue, I am not aware of something containing both primer and glue similar to one step for PVC. I only know that is avilable for CPVC pipe, the One Step is Flowguard. That wont help you with PVC. Buy new glue and primer if its old, dont take a chance on the combination glue / primer. Sounds like you got it down. The hardest part for you will probably be cutting that 3x2 Y in your mail line. If you need anything else let us know.
              The Plumber/Firefighter

Comment

Yes thats fine on the vent. You will be well above the flood rim of the standpipe . Put it as high as you can. Remeber drain pipes are sized for air and liquid so they do not air lock and can circulate air. Usually 1/2 of a drain pipe is for air and half for liquid. Just a tip for you.
                The Plumber/Firefighter

Comment

Originally posted by Fred the plumber View Post
                  Joe you got it pal. I dont kow what your code is on the standpipe, our is no bigger then 24 inches. I think Tool gave you a number. I would always use purple primer first then pvc glue, I am not aware of something containing both primer and glue similar to one step for PVC. I only know that is avilable for CPVC pipe, the One Step is Flowguard. That wont help you with PVC. Buy new glue and primer if its old, dont take a chance on the combination glue / primer. Sounds like you got it down. The hardest part for you will probably be cutting that 3x2 Y in your mail line. If you need anything else let us know.
                  You're right about the glue, I have stuff for CPVC. I'll get some PVC primer and glue.

Regarding cutting the main line, I am thinking a sawzall. The toughest part will be making it square.

Comment

Originally posted by JoePolvino View Post
                    You're right about the glue, I have stuff for CPVC. I'll get some PVC primer and glue.

Regarding cutting the main line, I am thinking a sawzall. The toughest part will be making it square.

Sawzaw or cable saw if it's in tight area. How will you fit the 3x2 y in ? You can use a no hub and 3x2 y, or a coupling and a no hub depending on your set up and any play in your pipe.They also make 3 inch slip couplings but u will have to make marks on pipe and maybe someone assisting you so you make sure pipes are in fittings. I can't see it , just some ideas.
                    The Plumber/Firefighter

Comment

I believe I'll have enough play to fit the 3x2 wye in there after I cut. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X