X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tankless circulator

Anyone have any experience with the ACT 909 tankless circulator? Or recommendations for a similar type unit? The no return line required part makes it seem too good to be true... Looking to use on Noritz tankless units.

Re: Tankless circulator

i installed 3 metlund on demand systems for the tankless and they seem to work good. cuts the wait way down as the pump is a high head/ gpm unit. it does kick in the heater and installed 2 in kitchen cabinets and 1 in a sink cabinet. have a wired remote and wireless remote with them. units run around $550.00

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      i installed 3 metlund on demand systems for the tankless and they seem to work good. cuts the wait way down as the pump is a high head/ gpm unit. it does kick in the heater and installed 2 in kitchen cabinets and 1 in a sink cabinet. have a wired remote and wireless remote with them. units run around $550.00

rick.
      Rick I have a tankless in my house and am thinking about adding a metlund on demand system to decrease the wait time which at the farthest point (kitchen sink) is 1 min 30 secs. The upstairs bathroom is roughly the same wait. Instead of adding 2-3 units below the sinks would just one inline unit work if it is at the end of the line? It would have 1/2 inch coming into it and 3/4 inch going back into the cold line. It would require some replumbing but I have a raised foundation so everhything is accessible under the house. My other option is putting one unit under the kitchen sink which I think is 1/2 inch in and 1/2 inch out. This is the easiest solution but would the inline unit be faster or would the wait time be roughly the same?

thx.

Comment

depending on the plumbing layout, i would install the metlund at the farthest run in the system. everything along the way will be heated on that run. the branch lines would still be cold, but the main is hot.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

The Metlund Pump will not effect the warranty of the tankless heater. I've installed over 30 of these pumps and they work very well. Just put it at the furthest point in the house, kit comes with all the fittings to hook it up with. Should come with a wired push button but wireless motion sensors are the way to go.

Comment

Does anyone have a recommendation between the Metlund D'Mand system and the Taco D'mand system? They appear to use the same Taco pump (Taco Model 008 Pump) but have different operating circuit boards. The Taco system is a little cheaper also.

Thanks.

Comment

How about grhoe home comfort ? Know nothing a of this app. just asking, It's about 1/2 the price
              Last edited by toolaholic; 05-29-2011, 09:44 AM. Reason: spelin
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Viper83 View Post
                The Metlund Pump will not effect the warranty of the tankless heater. I've installed over 30 of these pumps and they work very well. Just put it at the furthest point in the house, kit comes with all the fittings to hook it up with. Should come with a wired push button but wireless motion sensors are the way to go.
                I bought and just installed a Taco 008-DM-PK D'Mand System. Everything went well with the plumbing but when I plugged it in nothing happened. Per the instructions the "pump will start automatically the first time only and run for a short time until a temperature rise is detected by the thermal sensor. Pump will automaticall shut off." This did not happen. I then install the supplied switch and still nothing. The outlet is HOT so that is not the issue.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                X