X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copper de-burring tool

Do they make a hand tool to de-burr the inside of a cut section of copper tubing? And also simultaneously remove any raised ridge on the outside of the pipe.

I have been using the pointed thing on the end of my tubing cutter but it seems there mus be a better way.

Re: Copper de-burring tool

Originally posted by rjniles View Post
    Do they make a hand tool to de-burr the inside of a cut section of copper tubing? And also simultaneously remove any raised ridge on the outside of the pipe.

I have been using the pointed thing on the end of my tubing cutter but it seems there mus be a better way.
    On the rigid cutters if I did have to deburr a pipe I just use what's attached to the cutters. I have ran copper for many years and still do, I never have to deburr the copper, I just cut, clean, sweat and I am done.
    The Plumber/Firefighter

Comment

Originally posted by rjniles View Post

Yes they do but the are bulky and a pain to use. I would deal with the occasional burr on the outside of the pipe as they happen but use a Rothenberger reaming tool on every joint. Reaming is required under every code and prevents velocity erosion and unwanted noise.

Mark
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ToUtahNow; 05-22-2011, 09:13 AM.
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Not that I'm aware of. A good mill file will take care of the external ridge.

Comment

Here are the Ridgid Inner/Outer reamers.

Mark
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            Here are the Ridgid Inner/Outer reamers.

Mark
            Fred's favorite

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              Fred's favorite
              That's funny, as I posted the picture I was remembering that conversation.

Mark

Comment

You guys are good. There are sharp people on this forum. I have to buy my wife a car in the next few weeks as her car the tranny blew and I am just going to donate . I almost want to give you guys the make and model of what she wants so you guys can firgure out the eaxact price i should pay so i dont get ripped. LOL I do apprecite all of you guys.
                The Plumber/Firefighter

Comment

a good 1 wheel tubing cutter such as the ridgid #15 will prevent outside ridges and burrs. that's the purpose of the rollers. a 4 wheel cutter is not a cutter for fabb work. it leaves an inner and outer ridge.

i have a deburring tool that works on 1/2''-2'' copper that doesn't produce any scrap shards to fall into the pipe. it uses 2 little pin rollers that actually roll the copper back onto itself. also good for re-rounding soft copper.

i believe it's made by atlanta specialty co.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

spyderco harpy c08s. breid.................

Comment

They do make what I call a pencil reamer,about 6"long with a replacable blade on the end,works on the inside of any size pipe.We get them at the supply house.
                      Steve in the trade since 73 doing new residential/Commercial work

Comment

Super reamer

Comment

google emt reamer. breid...................

Comment

Being a welder, and serious toolaholic gives Me a different take on many solutions. I chuck up in My 18 volt makita My step hole cutter.
                            It the ultimate reamer.
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                              Being a welder, and serious toolaholic gives Me a different take on many solutions. I chuck up in My 18 volt makita My step hole cutter.
                              It the ultimate reamer.
                              Not a bad idea....I'd imagine it would be easy to get carried away with that setup though lol.
                              Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Working...
                              X