X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What color?

I am going to be restoring some older ridgid tools in the near future and was wondering what color and commercially available paint can i get for the lettering on my 200, 300, wrenches, vices etc.

Re: What color?

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
    I am going to be restoring some older ridgid tools in the near future and was wondering what color and commercially available paint can i get for the lettering on my 200, 300, wrenches, vices etc.
    I would email Rigid and ask them if u want to use their colors and type of paint ? I am sure someone here knows something else you could use but that's what I would do.
    The Plumber/Firefighter

Comment

it's a baked on powder coating. not sure what the color is called?

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        it's a baked on powder coating. not sure what the color is called?

rick.
        Old wrench & equipment=paint. Probably not powdered. Dependent on the year (Pre-1995) of course. I believe the baked color changed slightly compared to the paint.

Morton Powder Coatings/Rohm & Haas/Dow=Current powder provider.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t9336-2/

Good luck buddy.

J.C.

Comment

Best match is Chevy motor red/orange(per Ridgid customer service 3yrs ago)
          quality varies between brands.
          I refurbised a rusty ole 20" hex wrench only to have the paint start chipping first time I threw it in the truck

Comment

I plan on degreasing the 200, 300 and 700 then repainting the "RIDGID" logo by hand with a brush. I plan to sandblast primer and paint all the hand tools. power tools get new brushes switches and foot pedals as they do not have foot switches now.

I have 2 old generals getting a full restoration as well as an old collins 22a I plan to redo. plan to get all the old stuff in pristine condition for once in their lives as much of these tools are much older than me.

Comment

Wrench, you should just do what Rick does--buy new ones! Ali would LOVE that!
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I would just send them to Rick's restorations.The guy that's on after pawn stars.They would make those babies shine like museum pieces..Sound like a very tedious and time consuming project..If you do a good job I might send you this to restore..I used a lot of simple green to clean this baby up
                Attached Files
                ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                X