X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound coming from toilet

When I run the water in the lavatory for 3 or 4 minutes or longer,I hear gurgling sounds coming from the toilet. It often happens, but not at all times. I was told by a friend that maybe it’s a vent problem. But both vents (the one that comes out of the bathroom and the one that comes out of the kitchen) appear to be clear. I'm wondering why it is doing this.
    Last edited by scordston511; 05-25-2011, 01:17 PM.
    A good flush beats a full house every time

The Pros at Leak Point Leak detection San Diego can provide you with the easiest and most cost effective solutions available to help you protect your home and family through Leak detection.

Re: Sound coming from toilet

Originally posted by scordston511 View Post
    When I run the water in the lavatory for 3 or 4 minutes or longer,I hear gurgling sounds coming from the toilet. It often happens, but not at all times. I was told by a friend that maybe it’s a vent problem. But both vents (the one that comes out of the bathroom and the one that comes out of the kitchen) appear to be clear. I'm wondering why it is doing this.
    When did it start ? Has it always done this ? Ever have any drain issues ? Give us a layout of bathrooms and how many stories. Public sewer ? Septic . Thanks you will get some good suggestions after you give some more specific information.
    The Plumber/Firefighter

Comment

Re: Sound coming from toilet

Yep, gurgling, slow drains are ALWAYS a drain problen, not the vent.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X