X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member, new question

Hi all!! I'm new to this forum and have a question. I have a 1 hp submersible pump, the one with the sensor on the side. Well, i think I may have a collapsed tile around my house because I keep getting clay in my sump. The pump has been working great, untill today. My wife cleaned out as far into the tile as she could get and the water started to really flow. Never mind that today alone we've had over 2 inches of rain. Anyways, the pump will kick on like it's supposed to, but the water isn't draining down as far as it was. The water was draining all the way down past the intake now it's only draining down about 6 inches then the pumps shuts off. Any suggestiions?

Re: New member, new question

"my wife". "my wife" cleaned the pipe. well my wife laughed her asss off. breid...................

Comment

To start the impeller inside the screen at pump bottom may be loaded with mud silt. Pull take outside and jet out with hose.IMPORTANT! THE TETHERED FLOAT SWITCH MAY BE HANGING UP ON PIT EDGE! MOVE PUMP OVER,IF SO FOR FULL UP TRAVEL ! If You have a check valve on the discharge that may be blocked also. It would be good to have the pipes camera ed. We have local members that are honest folks. You WANT a cd to Keep with a talking tape discussing the break and location in feet from pit. Hopefully a small section of concrete floor can be busted up and repaired. You could have a Bad install,also. If this starts at the outside footer ,You need a crushed surrounding a perf pipe covered with a filter fabric blanket. This blanket keeps the mud out of the system!It is a MUST. Too many of these jobs are done wrong. Hope You take Mom out to dinner tonight. You Have a WONDERFUL Gal! Give Her a hug from all of Us! Tool P.S. Stay away from thes big box truck national rooter chains! They are a big ripp off! Search for a Ridgid Member in your area. GOOD FOLKS!
      Last edited by toolaholic; 05-27-2011, 10:53 AM.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

"my wife". "my wife" cleaned the pipe. well my wife laughed her asss off. breid...................
        That reminds me when my neighbors effluent pump went out. Here he is with his rubber suit and gloves on and his wife is the one doing all the dirty work. He just stands there looking important.
        Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

Working...
        X