X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again rebuilding makita Lithium ion Makita 18 vold battery Packs

I have had good luck with Amazon for the ni cad 8 pack 1.2 volt individual batteries.

Does any one have an outlet for the individual batteries for the Lithium -ion! Makita?
    Have 3 dead ones, and I can swap out the bad ones . Nice to have enough to be able to have them all back! Thanks in advance ! TOOL
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Again rebuilding makita Lithium ion Makita 18 vold battery Packs

I think I have ordered from this place in the past one time, the service was good, and the products were OK, but I do not know if the prices are good, bad, or ugly, (they had what I was looking for), I do not know if they would have what your looking for or not, for rebuilding

All-Battery.com - Rechargeable batteries & Chargers - Li-ion Battery
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

DISCLAIMER: Although I have a huge amount of experience with the TTI brand (Milwaukee, Ridgid & Ryobi) L-Ion batteries, I have NO experience with Makita.

Now that's out of the way...
      NiCad batteries are easily rebuilt. All they contain is the cells and the case. Full-size L-Ion batteries contain a wee bit more. The big issue is not going to be the availability of the individual cells. In 90+% of the failed L-Ion batteries I've evaluated, it wasn't the cells at fault, but rather the electronics that are built into the batteries. These circuits monitor and regulate charge and discharge current and temperature. The cells? You can find those. The electronic circuit boards? Nope. If you have one of the newer compact units, you may have better luck... the compact batteries often contain just the cells and the case, with the electronic circuitry built into the tool itself. THOSE L-Ions may be rebuildable.
      "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
        DISCLAIMER: Although I have a huge amount of experience with the TTI brand (Milwaukee, Ridgid & Ryobi) L-Ion batteries, I have NO experience with Makita.

Now that's out of the way...
        NiCad batteries are easily rebuilt. All they contain is the cells and the case. Full-size L-Ion batteries contain a wee bit more. The big issue is not going to be the availability of the individual cells. In 90+% of the failed L-Ion batteries I've evaluated, it wasn't the cells at fault, but rather the electronics that are built into the batteries. These circuits monitor and regulate charge and discharge current and temperature. The cells? You can find those. The electronic circuit boards? Nope. If you have one of the newer compact units, you may have better luck... the compact batteries often contain just the cells and the case, with the electronic circuitry built into the tool itself. THOSE L-Ions may be rebuildable.
        Thanks, I hope we hear more from You in the future. I'll probable strike out,but I love the chase thanks Kevin
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
        X