X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique Shower Drain Question.

I have a customer that wants a curbless shower. I have done them before and its not that big of a deal but now I have one that has me a little stumped. I asked my plumber about it and he said he wasnt aware of anything to do this but maybe one of you could point me in the right direction to obtain what my customer wants. Basicly, the HO wants the drain in the place of the curb. Basicly a long narrow floor drain like you see in a garage floor. I haven't seen anything like it. Its not a basement floor so that makes it a little more tricky being it will be on 10" joists.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Unique Shower Drain Question.

Look at quickdrainusa.com. You will also find quite a bit of information by googling "curbless shower drain". Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
      ... Its not a basement floor so that makes it a little more tricky being it will be on 10" joists....
      Interesting idea!
      Can you run the trough parallel to the joists?
      If you must cross the joists, can you insert 12" joists and notch outhe bare minimum necessary so that you have still have 10" joists?
      I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
      It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
      "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

Ok, found these.. Custom Linear Channel Drains | Shower Trench Drain | Tile Insert Drain | Linear Trench Drain | Rectangular Square Drain - My Shower Grate Shop $$$ but very cool! Anyone install them before? It uses a standard shower pan drain, which is good.

Comment

Originally posted by phylo123 View Post
          Look at quickdrainusa.com. You will also find quite a bit of information by googling "curbless shower drain". Good luck.
          Thanks! That unit is A LOT thinner, and with the shower flooring material I use may be my best bet.

I use the NobleSeal TS waterproof liner that allows you to glue the tile directly to the membrane. Instead of having 2"+ high shower basins you can cut that down dramaticly. Plus its a crack isolation membrane. Just looked on Noble's website and they have a linear drain that is made to go with the nobleseal product line, looks like this might not be as big of a deal as I thought!

Comment

5 Years ago on a bath addition I was asked to do this. great Insp. He said He would require a Dr.s letter of request. Gals in sales and is a comp. Salsa dancer. It ended up She was not a nice lady come pay day. The Insp. saved My Bacon. Also He wanted an exterior pitched floor drain to serve the additional outside floor area. Never did one, I'm sure done 100% they're great. good luck
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
            X