shower grab bars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shower grab bars

...hello all. i'm looking to install grab bars for a fiberglass shower stall. the stall has
    unusual walls. they appear to protrude out approximately 3/4 inch or so away from the wall. if i were to attach a grab bar i would be fastening through this void to a solid wall behind the fiberglass surround. is there a preferred type of fastener for this application? i'm afraid to drill through because i don't know what type of anchor to use in this situation. perhaps there is a type of 'bushing' of sorts to install to keep the surround from cracking when tightening? i hope someone has some ideas. sorry no pics. i also hope i made it understandable too. thanks in advance.

Re: shower grab bars

Is the surround already installed & the room finished?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

You need to use a product like this to install grab bars onto a fiberglass shower. Just make sure you know exactly where to drill your holes first.

Solid Mount grab bar anchoring system - Adaptive Access

Comment

There you have it..Looks good
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          Is the surround already installed & the room finished?

Thanks.

J.C.
          ...yes it is.

Comment

Me personally...I would never install grab bars on a fiberglass shower enclosure.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
              Me personally...I would never install grab bars on a fiberglass shower enclosure.
              I am the same their is just no real support unless you can put in the proper timbers attached to the surrounding walls to screw a grab rail to before you install a fiberglass shower whoes to say just who is going to use the shower it mybe aunty oversized betty who falls and brakes her hip and just who is then responsible $$$$$$

Tony

Comment

Working...
              X