X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do I need a vent here?

Please refer to the picture attached. The red color part is what I plan to add in. is it good without a separated vent? I remember we can have a wet vent within 5'. But don't know if that rule can apply to my case?
    Attached Files

Re: do I need a vent here?

From your picture...it's legal here, as you have 1 fixture behind a vent.

You can do it Master's way as well, or you can have a vent on both...with back venting the counter sink. But the back vent would have to go 6" above the highest flood rim in the house or just go straight out the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
      From your picture...it's legal here, as you have 1 fixture behind a vent.

You can do it Master's way as well, or you can have a vent on both...with back venting the counter sink. But the back vent would have to go 6" above the highest flood rim in the house or just go straight out the roof.
      The back venting is like the red dot line on this picture?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by thisnewowner View Post
        The back venting is like the red dot line on this picture?
        Yes but...if you live in a one story home, you have to back vent in the attic. 2 story home..same thing...you have to be above the highest fixture in the house to connect a back vent back into a main vent.

Comment

I've always interpreted that code to be 6" above the flood rim of the fixtures served.

also, what you have is technically legal, but I've found it to be bad form to use the laundry waste line for anything but the laundry without a separate vent.
          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
            I've always interpreted that code to be 6" above the flood rim of the fixtures served.

also, what you have is technically legal, but I've found it to be bad form to use the laundry waste line for anything but the laundry without a separate vent.
            You're absolutely right, and I said that previously, but who's going to open up drywall and connect there, when it's easier to connect in the attic.

Comment

good point. I get all saw happy and don't look at the "someone has to repair this wall" angle.

Originally posted by Flux View Post
              You're absolutely right, and I said that previously, but who's going to open up drywall and connect there, when it's easier to connect in the attic.
              No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Working...
              X