What is this thing? anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this thing? anyone?

i recently became the facility manager at a country club turned into a boys religious school. there's a big kitchen, and the big icemaker wasn't working... they said it works, but this weird valve doohicky nearby in the supply line just runs water all the time, so they shut it off.

it looks like some sort of draining check valve of some sort. i assume there's a bad o ring or something in there that needs schmearing, but not sure if anyone would have any parts that work in something so old. it has two flare compression nut things one on either side, and the bottom threads into what i believe is some sort of run off drain ine. goes into the floor, or the wall right by the floor, and my thingamabobber threads right into a female threaded hole in that pipe. looks like everything is 1/2" copper...

any thoughts?

i believe it says "zurp" or "zurn" Name:  c8f143606d0ca352a7461ff545c6bdfa.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  6.2 KBon it or something, and the number 32380 it looks like...

i'm gonna try to post a photo here...

Re: What is this thing? anyone?

actually it threads onto male threads at the bottom. and it has these two horizontal slots hollowed out on the front and back near the bottom. and an arrow which seems to indicate the direction of the flow...

Comment

if i had to guess since the photo is the size of a postage stamp.

my guess is a trap primer used to keep the water in the trap from evaporating.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Trap primer
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

i'm trying to attach a photo file so you can see it bigger, but not sure if it's gonna work...
          Attached Files

Comment

yeah that is pretty small...

so it's called a "trap primer" eh?

i'll go look them up now...

btw, obviously, you guys rock...

Comment

Doing a search on what you have give us turns up a listing for a Zurn Z-1022 trap primer. Made 1959 -1984 according to the part number of the body.

Repair kits are still available according to the Zurn web site PN # #66955-181-9

Comment

I see you are in Balt. Take it Northeastern Supply @ 8323 Pulaski Highway ph# 410-574-0010 & see Mark Gulczynski. He should be able to help you out.

Comment

Should be easy enough to replace ..Its already out
                  Last edited by OLD1; 06-23-2011, 08:50 AM. Reason: half asleep still
                  ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

thanks fudd.
                    i tawt i taw a twap pwimew...

he's sending me to the owings mills store. sligthly closer, gave me the managr's name.

i think we're gonna be replacing this dinosaur with the current version...

again, you guys rock!

i don't think the zurn repair kit is a sure thing since mine doesn't look like the 1022 anymore...

Comment

I hope he told you what you needed, because they are a little brain dead @ the Owings Mills store since they moved Mark to the main branch. I have a plant 5 min. from the Owings Mills branch & my guys always call their orders into Mark.

Comment

WELL!

i hope "jared" can figure it out.

it doesn't look so complicado, just need their "new" version...

or i can always just use the old one to clobber them over the head if i get annohado.

learning spanish from the help... it'd be a waste if i didn't take advantage of the opportunity...

Comment

Originally posted by Betzalel Ben Huff View Post
                          thanks fudd.
                          i tawt i taw a twap pwimew...

he's sending me to the owings mills store. sligthly closer, gave me the managr's name.

i think we're gonna be replacing this dinosaur with the current version...

again, you guys rock!

i don't think the zurn repair kit is a sure thing since mine doesn't look like the 1022 anymore...
                          If you look at the PDF from Zurn there are 3 versions with the same p/n, if your at the parts counter you would would be looking at the current one.

Yours according to the part number you gave us of the valve casting is the oldest one.

http://www.zurn.com/operations/specd...irparts/T9.pdf

Probably better off though to replace it seeing you already have it out.
                          Last edited by mbhydro; 06-23-2011, 12:32 PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

Working...
                          X