Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
New Bradford White Power Vent Water Heater - Which drain valve should I use.? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bradford White Power Vent Water Heater - Which drain valve should I use.?

I've never seen the drain valve that came with the unit.

Attachment

Should I keep that (how does it work) or change it with this?

Attachment

Pros and cons please?

Thanks for the help.
    Attached Files
    Regards,
    K. Nezz

Re: New Bradford White Power Vent Water Heater - Which drain valve should I use.?

The one equipped with the Bradford white water heaters are ball valves, so in my humble opinion its best to stay with the stock one verses the one want to use.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Re: New Bradford White Power Vent Water Heater - Which drain valve should I use.?

second that!!!
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

No information on the drain plug - I assume I would just open and close the screw to expel the water? Have they been proven pretty much leak free?
        Regards,
        K. Nezz

Comment

rotate the screw 90 degrees to open, the same to close. and no issues yet, I have the same installed in my home.
          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
            rotate the screw 90 degrees to open, the same to close. and no issues yet, I have the same installed in my home.
            Thanks all ... case closed..
            Regards,
            K. Nezz

Comment

Its a ball valve, they use the screw head instead of a handle for safety. To many kids come up to a water heater and turn the handle and get scalded.
              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
              X