Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Why are property taxes higher for more toilets? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Why are property taxes higher for more toilets?

    Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
    But your use (your condo) is just as much as if you didn't share a common sewer hookup.
    Same for the other 25 condos. IF all 26 of you lived in single family homes, and nothing
    else changed such as family size, your use would be the same.

    You share a common feed on your electric and your gas main, you want a break there too?
    Just don't agree with the philosophy that we pay the same as a single family dwelling sharing 1 building trap.

    I called the sewer authority to get a clarification as to "why" and it was stated to me that we are classified as a single family dwelling even though we are in 1 building. It has nothing to do with usage because if 20 people lived in each condo here, the usage would be much higher than if 300 people lived in 1 single family dwelling.

    Has nothing to do with Gas-electric or water...I can control those costs.
    Last edited by Flux; 07-09-2011, 11:19 PM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Why are property taxes higher for more toilets?

      We have deduction meters placed on lawn sprinkler lines here in Akron,Ohio

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Why are property taxes higher for more toilets?

        Originally posted by Flux View Post
        Just don't agree with the philosophy that we pay the same as a single family dwelling sharing 1 building trap.

        I called the sewer authority to get a clarification as to "why" and it was stated to me that we are classified as a single family dwelling even though we are in 1 building. It has nothing to do with usage because if 20 people lived in each condo here, the usage would be much higher than if 300 people lived in 1 single family dwelling.

        Has nothing to do with Gas-electric or water...I can control those costs.
        They are flat rating your sewer fee. Let me ask you somding.......Do you pay for your water flat rate or do you pay for only what you use? I realize you may have a minimum water bill but do they charge you per gal. or what?

        Oh and who do you pay...the water company? the condo association? Have your own water meter?

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Why are property taxes higher for more toilets?

          Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
          They are flat rating your sewer fee. Let me ask you somding.......Do you pay for your water flat rate or do you pay for only what you use? I realize you may have a minimum water bill but do they charge you per gal. or what?

          Oh and who do you pay...the water company? the condo association? Have your own water meter?
          For water it's billed by use from the water company.

          We all have separate water and gas meters here.

          A typical water bill for me would be $30.00 a month with $15.00 of that bill being administration fees.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Why are property taxes higher for more toilets?

            Originally posted by Flux View Post
            For water it's billed by use from the water company.

            We all have separate water and gas meters here.

            A typical water bill for me would be $30.00 a month with $15.00 of that bill being administration fees.
            If they know how much water you use there is no reason why they cant charge you for sewer based off that number. But it sounds like they just flat rate your sewer fee and call it done.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Why are property taxes higher for more toilets?

              Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
              If they know how much water you use there is no reason why they cant charge you for sewer based off that number. But it sounds like they just flat rate your sewer fee and call it done.
              The thing that bothers me the most is, the rent here only covers the roof over our head. We even have to pay for trash here. I only know of 1 other place that charges sewer without being covered in the rent, but that's a whole different topic there.

              But we love living here, and it just gives us residents something to b*tch about.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Why are property taxes higher for more toilets?

                Like others have said, more toilets are a convenience and a luxury. So if you have the money to pay for it, then Uncle Sam will want his share.

                Additionally, it may also be a deterrent from stuffing houses full of people. More toilets can mean more people, so bean counters may just want an obstacle for multiple families trying to live together.

                Whatever it is, it something to ***** about!
                Here I Come World! |link removed| With plumbing, a royal flush always beats a full house

                Comment

                Working...
                X