Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations for thermostatic valves?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for thermostatic valves?

You guys have any preferences on thermostatic valves? Looking for all the usual stuff, reliable, ease of use and repair, and of course a fairish price.......

Re: Recommendations for thermostatic valves?

Be more specific, as there are thermostatic valves for Showers and Hydronic equipment.

For showers....I'd say Moen.

Comment

If for a shower kolher has nice rough and trim, for real high end California faucets are top notch....

Comment

Yes, this is for a couple of showers....... At the box stores there's a Kolher and a Moen........... if there's a strong feeling for one or the other it would be good to know. If there's better quality to value at a supply house I would just need to know what to ask for........

Thanks

Moen - 1
        Kolher - 1

Comment

i prefer grohe for thermostatic valves. they have a true thermostatic valve. you set the temperature and it maintains it.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by mtne View Post
            You guys have any preferences on thermostatic valves? Looking for all the usual stuff, reliable, ease of use and repair, and of course a fairish price.......

MultiChoice® Universal Valve : Smart Solutions : Delta Faucet

Comment

Is that considered a thermostatic valve? Or a pressure balanced valve? I do get confused.

Mostly use Grohe.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                i prefer grohe for thermostatic valves. they have a true thermostatic valve. you set the temperature and it maintains it.

rick.
                The problem with Grohe is, the customer HAS to keep the receipt in order to get warranty parts for free. To my knowledge they are the only ones that do this, and I just dealt with them on the phone regarding a thermostatic valve last week, and they won't talk to me without a receipt for warranty.
                So since the customer doesn't have the receipt, they will spend well over $100.00 in parts that should be free. Moen,Kohler and Delta don't do any of that silliness regarding warranty.

Comment

i've never had an issue with grohe. especially when the customer starts off the call and then hands me the phone. as long as the parts are sent to the customer, all is well. usually i look up the part and give them the part # for reference.

grohe is also the only company that sends me updates every quarter. they have good catalogs for fixtures and parts breakdowns.

now don't get fredrick and hansa confused. they're feuding brothers.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    i've never had an issue with grohe. especially when the customer starts off the call and then hands me the phone. as long as the parts are sent to the customer, all is well. usually i look up the part and give them the part # for reference.

grohe is also the only company that sends me updates every quarter. they have good catalogs for fixtures and parts breakdowns.

now don't get fredrick and hansa confused. they're feuding brothers.

rick.
                    I don't know what I'm doing wrong when every time I call they hit me with "we need a receipt of purchase".

Comment

As far as I have experienced when dealing with company's over the phone have the customers wife or sister call. I just worked on a growe shower valve that was ancient home owner went on net has schematic in minutes a more complicated one to two body sprays shower head and hand help must of been atleast 20 years old judging from the colour of the pink tiles that restrained it behind the wall heritage house lath and plaster on the adjacent wall behind it. Home owner was almost willing to pay for them fabricate parts for him buy the time I got there his wife called a week later I had all the parts manuals and even a Allen key sent directly from " Sweden?" Could be wrong anyway I like kohler good product not a huge fan of there escusions on there body spray thou get soap Scum almost instantly and if you break or lose there there stupid lil plastic wrench ur hooped. Love the moen body sprays don't like there trim cheap plastic same problem lose there shine and look filthy. Plus moen seems to be replacing everything brass with plastics so they can keep there prices low. Firm believer that divertors shouldn't weigh less then the box they come in. I love delta not there cheap **** but.middle of the road people seem to love the pressure adjustment as well as temperature pus most of there trim is compatible which is nice "especially motels or rental homes" someone neglects cleaning quick fix to opening walls required when the wife buys brushed nickel towel racks go to whole sale get brushed trim available seperate. I think product for your buck from my experience delta is the moat user friendly and easy to get accused to kohler seems to play with an idea scrap it and go with something quite different. But I think it come down to preference. If a homeowner ever as buys eurostream don't know where it comes from or if its a house brand throw it out the window and go home some carpenter that thought he could plum put them all over my hometown a very costly expense
                      Last edited by seanny deep; 07-10-2011, 03:12 AM. Reason: trying to do this on my smart phone sucks

Comment

Get homeowners wife to call works every time

Comment

This past week I also had a customer with a Grohe kitchen faucet that was leaking and dripping. Before I even got there she told me over the phone that Grohe wanted a receipt for her purchase and she was looking for it until I got there.

We don't run across much Grohe in this area, but I've never had any luck with them ever sending anything under warranty without a receipt. 6 months ago we had a customer who needed a hose for her Grohe kitchen faucet, and again the whole receipt issue came up, and she had to spend $135.00 for the hose that took 3 weeks to come in, and our labor not included.

Next time I run across Grohe....you guys can call for me and my customers.

Comment

Whoa...let's back track here.

HansGROHE is the company I'm talking about.

TO OBTAIN WARRANTY PARTS OR INFORMATION
                            Contact your Hansgrohe retailer, or contact Technical Service at:
                            Hansgrohe, Inc.
                            1492 Bluegrass Lakes Parkway
                            Alpharetta, GA 30004
                            Toll-free 800-334-0455
                            In requesting warranty service, you will need to provide:
                            1. The sales receipt or other evidence of the date and place of purchase.
                            2. A description of the problem.
                            3. Delivery of the product or the defective part, postage prepaid and carefully packed and insured, to:
                            Hansgrohe, Inc.
                            1492 Bluegrass Lakes Parkway
                            Alpharetta, GA 30004
                            Toll-free 800-334-0455

Are Grohe and Hansgrohe not the same company?

Comment

grohe and hansgrohe are the same. fredrick grohe is the feuding brother.

i've never had to send back the parts. it's not like i'm asking for the complete fixture.

most common is the pull out hose or pull out spout, quick snap connector, followed by the thermostatic cartridge.

a receipt if ever needed can come from a service invoice.

maybe it's just such a common fixture here, that they don't want to piss off the homeowner or contractor.

it's also a way to get the customer in their database.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X