X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toilet base plate

my basement concrete floor is not even and not finish yet. but i want install the toilet as soon as possible. I am thinking put a toilet base plate to make it easy for the toilet installation and later floor finishment. do you think this is a good idea? and are all different toilets have the same shape and size or similar base? thanks

Re: toilet base plate

Originally posted by thisnewowner View Post
    do you think this is a good idea?
    No. Closet flange and water closet itself should be installed on the finished floor.
    Toilet footprints vary from brand to brand. Installing the finished floor around the
    toilet is never a good idea.

Comment

Big Jim's right...never set fixtures on unfinished floors...you asking for problems down the road....
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

If you want to do something temporary. You can level the floor, get the toilet you want when done, cut a piece of 3/4" plywood for the toilet to sit on, install an adjustable closet flange & install the toilet. Then when you are ready to install the finished floor remove the plywood & adjustable toilet flange. Then when the finished floor is installed install a permanent closet flange.

Comment

Doesn't some company make a floor leveler product that can be poured? I know I've seen something like that before.

Comment

I am not a pro but this is what I did...

You can use a self leveling concrete, or you can skim coat a medium bed mortar before laying any tile. Also, if the floor is still uneven I set my toilet in a plaster bed. Dry fit the toilet, trace the outline of the base. Take the toilet up, mask off the outline on the floor and put a layer of quick dry plaster inside the outline. Let it set up for a few minutes then set the toilet as normal in the plaster leveling it. I rubbed wax from the old ring under the base to make sure it would release from the plaster easily in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
              Doesn't some company make a floor leveler product that can be poured? I know I've seen something like that before.
              The product you are thinking of is ARDEX Feather Finish
              ARDEX Engineered Cements
              We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Working...
              X