X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A simple one

Connecting my shower head......To ensure it does not leaks Teflon Tape and TFE paste? If so Teflon on the threads with paste around it? I'm sure I'm over thinking it but want to pretend I'm a plumber!

Re: A simple one

I say teflon with paste on top. Not too much paste. 3 or 4 rounds of teflon. Keep both away from the first thread.

J.C.

Comment

The shower head itself usually has a rubber gasket..no tape needed

Comment

I don't like to double up with tape and paste. Teflon is extremely slippery stuff. So slippery that it is pretty common to be able to tighten the joint to the point of breaking the fitting. Pick one.
        sigpic

Comment

Help! My shower control is not properly working. It's always been a problem to me! I really need to call a plumber service.

Comment

I still use hemp ( what was called horse hair) after roughing up the thread as teflon on most occasions just slips of the thread and wont seal but hemp expands when it gets wet and seals the leak.

Tony

Comment

Maybe Im misinformed but isnt teflon just to lubricate the threads we were taught its not actually a sealent its just allows the heat. Caused by friction to disopate preventing stretching the female threads ? Thus preventing a leak?

Comment

Originally posted by fall50 View Post
                Connecting my shower head......To ensure it does not leaks Teflon Tape and TFE paste? If so Teflon on the threads with paste around it? I'm sure I'm over thinking it but want to pretend I'm a plumber!
                ...i agree with lovetheUSA. just use it with the gasket that comes with it. any modification with pipe

dope or teflon tape is just inviting misery/frustration.

Comment

Working...
                X