Need toilet recommecndation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need toilet recommecndation

low flow 1.6gpf and now the 1.28gpf toilets do create issue with load carrying down the line. powder rooms are the biggest issue with my customers as there is no other real water draining fixtures to help with the flush.

older places with older cast iron that's rough and scaley are also an issue.

properly installed plastic piping will provide the best line carrying distance. the coefficient of friction is the least and the pipe remains the cleanest.

been installing low flows since 1990 and camera inspections since 1995. i've seen the results. jetting is better for really cleaning a pipe.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Older cast iron main sewer lines are not a problem. It's been proven over 20 years now with the low flow toilets. Anyone who does camera work can see that older CI lines develop a nice smooth bottom and sides, it's not a problem. The folks who said low flow toilets would cause a problem were wrong, they were just wrong. It's a fact. Show me a rough CI sewer line bottom that's bee in use for years. I camera lines that are over 100 years old and they are as smooth as a babys bottom. Talk about a myth. They were wrong.

Comment

And that goes for the clay mains too, same thing.

Comment

clay is an extremely clean pipe and slick. problem is the multiple joints tend to have slight offsets and roots.

there is 1 product that is the best of the best for underground sewers. it's hdpe. problem is, it's only legal for trenchless pipe bursting installs. not for hand laid installs. not only is the product bullet proof, it's as slick as it comes and should last forever. when i camera a hdpe line i've installed, i can push 200' of camera cable with 1 hand.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Hi! I need some advice on my shower control in my bathroom. I can't close it tight and water is flowing. Please tell me what to do. Should I need to replace something? I don't know how to fix this. I think I need a plumber.

Comment

I like working with Kohlers but that may be because I've worked with them the most. Either way, very few complaints from my end or the customers.
              Here I Come World! |link removed| With plumbing, a royal flush always beats a full house

Comment

Originally posted by chrishanson View Post
                Hi! I need some advice on my shower control in my bathroom. I can't close it tight and water is flowing. Please tell me what to do. Should I need to replace something? I don't know how to fix this. I think I need a plumber.
                First, you need to figure out what kind of shower valve you have. In order to fix it you will probably have to turn off the main water supply, and then take it apart. If it's a two handle valve, it will be a little more involved than a single handle valve.
                If you don't feel comfortable in doing it yourself, then I would call the plumber. He would have it done in no time at all.

Comment

Originally posted by nobackfall View Post
                  I sure like my Kohler Highline elongated. Can't stand even sitting on a regular height round front.
                  The Kohler has a bracket on the bottom of the tank that you put the bolts in and set it on top of the bowl. No dumb bolts through the bottom of the tank anymore!
                  I agree, a great toilet. Kohler is putting us out of business with this design. One less thing to go wrong!

Comment

[QUOTE=rwr2003;352853]I agree, a great toilet. Kohler is putting us out of business with this design. One less thing to go wrong![/QUOTE

don't be too sure of kohler designs.

37 years of installing fixtures and kohler takes the award for garbage designs. the product designers are not plumbers and don't realize the junk they put out until it's too late and they have to change it the following year.

you would be surprised at the simplest thing like toilet seat bolts failing due to poor design. guys, it's a toilet seat bolt. not rocket science.

customer service at kohler doesn't even communicate the issues we call in to the product engineers. i've spoken to them on occasion and that's what i was told.

honestly, how many flappers does 1 company need for their toilets? try 12 and counting

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Like anything else Kohler does put out some good things and some bad things. Their new kitchen faucets are great, heavy, nice looking and easy to work on and sell.

The new toilet design with the tank bracket is a joke. I've installed a couple of customer supplied ones last week and the tank won't even tighten down all the way. I was as tight as I was going to go on the nuts without breaking something and the stupid tank was still loose. Garbage design is right.

Comment

Went with the AS Champion, round bowl, comfort height. Seemed to get very good reviews. Looked at the Toto, but no one in the area had it in stock.

Thanks to all who responded.

Comment

Working...
                        X