X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 year old cast iron.

I recommended a repipe. Showed the customer the pics and it didn't take much coercion. Might have to start using the camera more often.
    Attached Files

Re: 60 year old cast iron.

when i looked at your photos, i thouht it looked like out here in la. then i saw you're from calif

crawl space looks familiar.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I'm not a plumber, but shouldn't piping (especially ferrous) be *off* the ground? Seems like direct contact is just asking for trouble!

Comment

Originally posted by JoePolvino View Post
        I'm not a plumber, but shouldn't piping (especially ferrous) be *off* the ground? Seems like direct contact is just asking for trouble!

C.I. pipe has been installed for many years above ground and below ground,was the way to do it years ago.Still is in Chicago and some of the suburbs.
        Steve in the trade since 73 doing new residential/Commercial work

Comment

The first pictures made it look like something had died down there. I am currently working on a job where the home owner decided to get rid of his leaking C.I. pipe, and while he was at it, fix the foundation and dig the dirt down another 3 feet.... There are some days I would pay money for the ability to say no to some of these jobs...
          We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

I'm so glad we don't have too many crawl spaces to work in, around here. Cast is still used underground around these parts also. If your in the county, you can run PVC though.

Comment

Working...
            X