This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ProPress

People say they use their press tools all the time literally everyday. But ya know.......

Let see some inventory and some work pics of all this press technology.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
      People say they use their press tools all the time literally everyday. But ya know.......

Let see some inventory and some work pics of all this press technology.
      Why? We all know what it looks like. I for one have nothing to prove to you, frankly I could care less if you believe anyone or not. Who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
        Why? We all know what it looks like. I for one have nothing to prove to you, frankly I could care less if you believe anyone or not. Who cares?
        Because I would like to see some work pics.....I mean if they are being used everyday whats the big deal? If you personally do not wish to post any,then fine. I'd like to see some inventory. I really wasn't talking to you about the inventory...mainly thta was for Rick. I dont expect you to have any inventory to speak of.

Here is a thread on another forum and they are having problems with Viega fittings leaking at the joints. Its in a gycol system.
        http://www.heatinghelp.com/forum-thr...Press-Fittings
        Last edited by TheMaster; 08-15-2011, 07:24 PM.

Comment

TM your insults only make you look immature. If that's what you want to portray yourself as then that's your thing, Bravo TM!!!!!! Some day you will learn that being nice and respectful to others gets you better results. I know how you are and I'm not falling for your games anymore TM, you will get nothing from me. I'm sure the others here feel the same.

You want pictures?

Ever hear of Google?

Comment

TM your insults only make you look immature. If that's what you want to portray yourself as then that's your thing, Bravo TM!!!!!! Some day you will learn that being nice and respectful to others gets you better results. I know how you are and I'm not falling for your games anymore TM, you will get nothing from me. I'm sure the others here feel the same.

You want pictures?

Ever hear of Google?
            Show me one insult. I haven't insulted anyone. I simply just dontt believe everything I read. If you dont want to post pictures then fine I'm not trying to force you? Quote me one insult.

Comment

I took your advice and used google. Except I googled "leaking propress fittings" and this came up. Have a read on this guys.
              Pro-Press -

Comment

Because I would like to see some work pics.....I mean if they are being used everyday whats the big deal? If you personally do not wish to post any,then fine. I'd like to see some inventory. I really wasn't talking to you about the inventory...mainly thta was for Rick. I dont expect you to have any inventory to speak of.

Here is a thread on another forum and they are having problems with Viega fittings leaking at the joints. Its in a gycol system.
                Heating Help
                Who's "THEY"? You did notice the thread is from 2006? If you're that concerned about a glycol leak on ProPress then maybe you should call Viega yourself and get some information. TM how many Glycol systems do you install each year? How many with ProPress?

Comment

Who's "THEY"? You did notice the thread is from 2006? If you're that concerned about a glycol leak on ProPress then maybe you should call Viega yourself and get some information. TM how many Glycol systems do you install each year? How many with ProPress?
                  I dont do any glycol systems but thats not the topic. So back to propress. A brazed joint would not have leaked. When it leaks the pipes worn out. Now I also posted up another link and its water pipe. See it up there in my post? Guy said he cut the fitting apart and it was made perfect. He says it failed.

here is the link incase you missed it.http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum...9032/Pro_Press

Comment

I took your advice and used google. Except I googled "leaking propress fittings" and this came up. Have a read on this guys.
                    Pro-Press -
                    You are truly reaching now. That tool looks like it's been run through the mill and run over a few times. Wonder when the last time it was calibrated? There was also the mention of operator error. This is for anyone reading this board; Do not use these tools straight out of the truck if they've been cold, I mean frozen cold. They HAVE TO WARM UP before using them. They are hydraulic tools.
                    Operator error of course, next.
                    TM what is your intention? Of course you're not bashing right?

Ahh I've had all the fun I can stand tonight. Big day tomorrow, goodnight.

Comment

I dont do any glycol systems but thats not the topic. So back to propress. A brazed joint would not have leaked. When it leaks the pipes worn out. Now I also posted up another link and its water pipe. See it up there in my post? Guy said he cut the fitting apart and it was made perfect. He says it failed.

here is the link incase you missed it.Pro-Press -

Ah the "brazed joint" what you forgot to mention was the "soldered" joint was being eaten by the glycol. Funny how you leave these important points out isn't it TM? You're not a glycol expert and you've never installed a single ProPress joint in your life but you know everything about both!!!! LOLOLOL, night!

Comment

Honestly I don't have a problem with leaking fittings. Viega had some early leaks and have since changed the O rings. I don't think anyone would argue though that a properly soldered fitting has zero chance of leaking due to joint failure. I guess the question is how long do we expect to get from the new materials and methods? Should we expect 25 years or a lifetime and are those expectations reasonable? It's funny how we expect to pay 25 grand for a car and only get 10 years out of it or 15 hundred for a refrigerator and only get 6 years and yet we have been conditioned to expect lifetime performance for plumbing materials. Everything from fixtures and faucets to pipe. Here's another question that perhaps non plumbers can answer. " how long do you expect to get from your plumbing "
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                          I don't think anyone would argue though that a properly soldered fitting has zero chance of leaking due to joint failure.
                          I use to think that as well, until this job we are working on right now. Our neighbor is a realtor and also rehabs these foreclosures he buys.

This house had freeze problems and 2 of those leaks were 1/2 fittings that blew off the pipe. Normally you can see the copper isn't tinned all the way around. But these 2 fittings were clearly soldered properly, and it was the first time I've seen that. One would think that pipe would of burst first, before the fitting blowing off.

Comment

Ah the "brazed joint" what you forgot to mention was the "soldered" joint was being eaten by the glycol. Funny how you leave these important points out isn't it TM? You're not a glycol expert and you've never installed a single ProPress joint in your life but you know everything about both!!!! LOLOLOL, night!
                            Thats why they make silver solder ironranger. It doesn't leak. I never said i know everything about either one. More claims you do not have any proof of. Show me where I said I know everything. Thats a prime example of the exaggerations your making with me. You claim I make personal attacks but in reality your the one attacking. Your taking it personal that I dont like propress enough to throw my torch away. I never said propress is not useful.

My whole argument is that propress is NOT THE BEST WAY TO JOIN COPPER. AND YOU CLAIM PROPRESS IS THE BEST WAY TO JOIN COPPER AND ITS A SUPERIOR JOINT PERIOD. Just so we keep that straight.

In every place in the world soldering and brazing is accepted.....however in North Carolina you must ask permission to use Propress. Now isn't that strange.....????? I'm not so weird now am I? Looks like a whole state plumbing board has some problems with it.
                            Last edited by TheMaster; 08-15-2011, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                              I use to think that as well, until this job we are working on right now. Our neighbor is a realtor and also rehabs these foreclosures he buys.

This house had freeze problems and 2 of those leaks were 1/2 fittings that blew off the pipe. Normally you can see the copper isn't tinned all the way around. But these 2 fittings were clearly soldered properly, and it was the first time I've seen that. One would think that pipe would of burst first, before the fitting blowing off.
                              I bet it was 50/50 solder?

Comment

I'm having a hard time justifying buying a pro-press as well, especially since I can rent one for $17 a day, on the occasion I actually Need one. Generally speaking I can solder in almost any situation, Jet sweat kits are your friend. The few time's I've Needed one, was more because I was doing an overnight commercial water heater change out. or in a real time crunch, when my downtime has been dictated by the customers schedule, Like a medical facility I work with.

Beyond that, /shrug, I'd love to have one, but that's just the lazy in me showing.
                                I can solder most fittings in for what? a buck maybe? Takes a lot of fittings to justify that press tool.

That and they switched to the viega pex jaws. and stopped making jaws for the copper crimp rings.
                                No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Working...
                                X