X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ProPress

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
    What does that have to do with anything????????????????????????????

Well lets see. We are talking about what system is better and why. The pipe is the same of both wether you press or braze it. That leaves the fittings and the sealing method.

I contend that brazing makes a way stronger joint than propress. You seem to not like that fact. No big deal.....lol

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
      I'd like a propress .But can't seem to justify buying it right now .The fitting price is rediculous..I know Iknow the customer is paying for them .40 for a 1/2" copper 90 or $6 for a 1/2" propress 90..I may be a bit off on the prices but probably not much..To me though lets just say you have a flat price on changing out a water heater..Now are you really going to want to eat $100 worth of press fittings or maybe $20 worth of sweat fittings..I would prefer another $80 im my pocket..just me though
      Is that how you spell rediculous? Everything looks wrong to me today. Maybe I need to change my contacts, it's been three months now
      sigpic

Comment

My water heater flat rate prices changed when I started using the PP. I use two 3/4" fipxPP on the WH, a PP ball valve, and a couple of PP couplings, 90's if needed. Charging about 45 bucks more now, not really a big deal when someone has a leaker. My labor rate stayed the same even though I'm out of there a lot sooner than I used to be. Is that ripping off the customer or is that smart business?
        If you are charging the same labor for a propress job, and charging more for propress fittings, and doing it in less time, then YES that is ripping them off.

Now if you charged a tool charge, I'd see that as fair. But charging the same amount of labor, knowing you bought the propress to save you time isn't right.

Comment

Sure, I might even cry. You're the only one with her panties in a bind over this TM.
          Sorry Ironranger but you shouldn't have referenced my fathers initials in this post and then you edited it to reflect my screen name initials. Your being passive agressive and boarding line stalking digging into my family.

I'll let Mark handle it as I have already talk to him about this......concerning you. Thats the reason you were banned from another forum.

You realize they can see what you edited out.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
            Well lets see. We are talking about what system is better and why. The pipe is the same of both wether you press or braze it. That leaves the fittings and the sealing method.

I contend that brazing makes a way stronger joint than propress. You seem to not like that fact. No big deal.....lol
            I think you're the only one talking about brazing being better than ProPress, I could care less. I think you're the only one who brought up "brazing", you are WAY off topic. The topic is which is the better ProPress tool. Which do you like better, the Ridgid or the Roth?

Comment

Originally posted by stolen View Post
              If you are charging the same labor for a propress job, and charging more for propress fittings, and doing it in less time, then YES that is ripping them off.

Now if you charged a tool charge, I'd see that as fair. But charging the same amount of labor, knowing you bought the propress to save you time isn't right.
              You must be a t&m guy right? I'm not. Every water heater is different, even before I used the PP some took an hour some took two. Are you telling me you charge less for the same job because it was a little easier and quicker? Now you're just pulling my leg.

Comment

Didn't bother to check and don't care..Thanks for pointing that out though..I wasn't wearing my reading glasses either ..Now that I know the grammar police are on duty I will be extra cautious and spell check my posts from now on..Thanks again
                ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                  Sorry Ironranger but you shouldn't have referenced my fathers initials in this post and then you edited it to reflect my screen name initials. Your being passive agressive and boarding line stalking digging into my family.

I'll let Mark handle it as I have already talk to him about this......concerning you. Thats the reason you were banned from another forum.

You realize they can see what you edited out.
                  I've been calling you TM this entire time, what are you talking about? It was a typo and I changed it about a minute after I saw it. Your fathers initials, really? Where are you going with this TM? I don't have a clue.

Comment

I'm out of here, going out to dinner. TM you have problems dude, real bad attitude!!!, you have to argue about everything and have to be the big Man all the time, I hope you can work it out. Later, and good luck TM!

Comment

PANCAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be back later. For some reason I strongly believe this thread won't exist when I return, hmmm.
                      Done discussing anything with you.
                      Won't be long now.
                      Yes we know how you feel. You can get down now.
                      Why? We all know what it looks like. I for one have nothing to prove to you, frankly I could care less if you believe anyone or not. Who cares?
                      TM your insults only make you look immature. If that's what you want to portray yourself as then that's your thing, Bravo TM!!!!!! Some day you will learn that being nice and respectful to others gets you better results. I know how you are and I'm not falling for your games anymore TM, you will get nothing from me. I'm sure the others here feel the same.

You want pictures?

Ever hear of Google?
                      Stolen, I have no idea what "HNIC" stands for Especially working for NASA so I googled " HNIC".
                      I read the first one, I hope that's not it.

hnic nasa - Google Search
                      What did you just say? Sure I'll let Mark handle you just like he has in the past. You DO NOT treat people this way here. You treat people with respect. If you can't act like an adult then leave. What is wrong with you?
                      Sure, I might even cry. You're the only one with her panties in a bind over this TM.
                      What does that have to do with anything????????????????????????????
                      I've been calling you TM this entire time, what are you talking about? It was a typo and I changed it about a minute after I saw it. Your fathers initials, really? Where are you going with this TM? I don't have a clue.
                      Here is all your off topic posts from page 12 on...... Now who has been off topic?

You know exactley what I'm talkiing about because you have done it before. Referencing my fathers initials because you think I'm my fatrher. We have went through this before....Mark remebers it.
                      We talk all the time ironranger.........he will review your edited post.

See ya. Oh I dont want you banned......just shown for what you are.

You asked Mark to make him provide proof that I'm a plumber......You claimed to him that it was expired and not valid. I explained to Mark that you must have done research and found my fathers name. Mark knows all about it and you do to.

Nice try.

Comment

I have worked both t&m and flat rate.

But when you flat out say
                        My labor rate stayed the same even though I'm out of there a lot sooner than I used to be.
                        Then yes, that is ripping them off.
                        If it's a tool charge for simply having it? Cool. But it wasn't, it's how and why people see flat rate pricing as crooked.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am just picking out a sentence and making a point on it, I am certain you are neither crooked or anything like that. But some of your posts are making me think you are as green as me!!

Comment

So at this juncture we can get way way off topic and begin the old T&M Vs Flat Rate argument. It's just like Thanksgiving dinner with the relatives around here
                          sigpic

Comment

Did the A&W thing instead of going out, back now.

Your'e right Nhmaster. seems everything goes on this one. The continued insults, calling other professional plumbers rip off's, swearing at other plumbers, crying like a little baby if he doesn't get his way. Yup this has gotten way off topic and way out of hand for some reason.

Giving it a break since nobody seems to want to do anything about it. Check back later in the week, maybe.

Comment

If this de-rail has now turned into what's for lunch, I hope you guys have Coits wherever you are. they have hands down the BEST root beer man hath ever made. Once you try it, you will feel insulted when you drink other root beer.

Comment

Lets get this back on topic.

Here are some of the maximum working pressures of soldered connections taken from my " The Copper Handbook"

50/50 Solder

1/8"-1" Copper

At 100 degrees-200 psi
                                At 150 degrees 150 psi
                                At 200 degrees 100 psi
                                At 250 degrees 85 psi

95/5 Solder

At 100 degrees 1090 psi
                                At 150 degrees 625 psi
                                At 200 degrees 505 psi
                                At 250 degrees 270 psi

Burst Pressures of 1/2" Copper

Drawn K 9840 psi at room temperature
                                Annealed K 4535 psi at room temperature

Drawn L 7765 psi at room temperature
                                Annealed L 3885 psi at room temperature

Anyone know what the burst pressure are for the propress? I'll see if the book has anything on brazing.
                                Will Rogers Plumbing
                                Moore, Oklahoma
                                (
                                405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                                http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Working...
                                X