This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ProPress

that's only good up to 1'' and has a 10,000 crimp duty cycle. 3 year warranty.

the propress 210 has a 1.25'' capacity and 30,000 crimp duty cycle. with lifetime warranty.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      that's only good up to 1'' and has a 10,000 crimp duty cycle. 3 year warranty.

the propress 210 has a 1.25'' capacity and 30,000 crimp duty cycle. with lifetime warranty.

rick.
      I believe you are correct. Each person has to assess what they will need. 1" and under, using it a few times a year, on repairs and small remodels, I'd get the Rothenberger hands down.

A warranty in today's times means nothing to me. Just a sales tool. The duty cycle is something to consider. With what he seems to be describing though, the 10,000 duty cycle will serve him very well.

You should get one Rick. For your smaller connections, I bet you'll go to it every time.

J.C.

Comment

Here's the new version on page 2. For a gun type, I'd look at Ridgid first. But for smaller pipe, I'd get the Rothenberger stick.

Good luck.

http://www.rothenberger-usa.com/file...ress_tools.pdf

J.C.

Comment

when you plan ahead and dry fit the assembly, you can determine if there is a fitting you need to pre crimp. so far i've managed to crimp everything without an issue. especially with the press rings.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            Here's the new version on page 2. For a gun type, I'd look at Ridgid first. But for smaller pipe, I'd get the Rothenberger stick.

Good luck.

http://www.rothenberger-usa.com/file...ress_tools.pdf

J.C.
            I have the smaller Rothenberger too that I use most every day, and it works great. Gets in tight spots. I just saw that they're now making the gun type just like Ridgid, 24 thousand pounds of press. I'm looking to pick up a corded tool like the 330 but now taking another look at the Rothenberger too. I know the quality, no problem there and says lighter and faster, hmmm. Price about the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
              I do strictly remodels and repairs. Residential and light commercial(restaurants, hotels, strip malls, etc)

Anyone used the soil pipe cutter for the Pro Press?
              I have one. It works well on new no hub pipe. It works well on SV soil pipe. It works well on 2" and 3" XH soil pipe. It won't cut 4" XH soil pipe.

If the cast is weakened or thin it will crush, just the way it would with any other snapper.
              Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

still have my original wirsboro crimper, but it's been sitting in the shop since it's first use 10 years ago.

if i still did repipes, then pex would be the pipe of choice.

rick.

I have Milwaukee expander for Wirsbo that works much much more quickly than the old Uponor expanding tool. It will also fit into smaller places. (Wirsbo is now Uponor) has a crimper? (They did for a short while but they discontinued it)
                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

RICK, How many fires have You started with Your Pro Presses ?
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                    RICK, How many fires have You started with Your Pro Presses ?
                    0 on the propress and 0 with the torch.

but i burned the crap out of 2 fingers working around a storage tank on some 2'' a few years back. finished that day with propress.

but i know some people that have caught a building on fire

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Not fires for me either"knock on wood". Are the Ridgid and Rothenberger heads/crimpers compatible with each other?

Rick what models you would you be willing to part with? PM me.
                      Will Rogers Plumbing
                      Moore, Oklahoma
                      (
                      405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                      http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

The ridgid jaws will work on the new Rothenberger press tools as per their website.

Comment

you know i don't do the pm or the am just the 24/7

as far as the propress inventory, i have an excess of the 320-b machines.

the rest of the machines, i only own 1 of each. 400, 100, 210, 330-b, 330-c and a monster victaulic machine plus a set of xl and xlc jaws along with 1/2''-1.25'' rings.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

I don't know anything about this ProPress but I found the thread interesting. Reading this discussion it seems like some people feel the weak link in the ProPress is rubber (some kind of O-ring?). Question for Rick - does the manufacturer provide data on the life of this o-ring?

Comment

once crimped the o-ring is barley exposed to water.

viega gives a 50 year warranty on the fittings.

i don't think soldered fittings have a warranty that even comes close to that.

now anyone that knows anything about a victaulic connection, a connection that's used in fire protection, mechanical and plumbing. that rubber seal is fully exposed to the liquids and last time i checked, there's not a recall on a victaulic connection.

i've been using propress for close to 10 years and have not had to go back to anything. i used to date and sign my connections. i no longer do that as it's proven in my book and my customers know where to find me.

europe has been using these fittings for 30 years.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

The warranty is useless. I guarantee if there is damage from a leaking fitting that they will blame it on improper installation. The whole Europe thing bugs me too because even if they were having problems we would never hear about it. For that matter, I doubt most people in Europe would hear about it either, but the real issue is that the machine and the fittings are very expensive. It's a major expense for a tool that will be all but obsolete in 10 years. You all know what the price of copper and fittings has gone to and you have to see that within a few years nobody will be installing copper. That means making that tool expense soley based on doing repair work and you better be doing a bunch of it to recoup the cost. I approach every tool expense that way. I know guys that will spend two grand on a jack hammer and use it 3 times a year when they should have rented it, used it and brought it back. Collecting tools can become a sickness if not nipped in the bud.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X