Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: a mystery pipe

Originally posted by mbhydro View Post
    Does a natural gas line come anywhere near where the other end may come out, if so that could be a clue as it may have been roughed in to come up near the line for a natural gas gen set.
    I wish! I am on oil out my way. I would love to have natural gas.

Comment

Re: a mystery pipe

Now that you say there is a rope in there i'd bet its a pull rope left in there for future electric or hvac line set as was said. Was the previous owner a Ham? Maybe he had planned to pull some coax for antennas in thoere. In my last home that i had built i had a 4" conduit run from thr base of the tower into the nearest corner of the basement, only about 30 feet. I didn't want any cables strung overhead. This made for a better looking and for better survivability of the antenna system in bad weather. The tower was an 80 footer and i had hf beams, vhf and uhf beams, plus a thi-band verticle on top which brought the total height to 117 feet. Anyway, the conduit was great and it let me run additional lines for a wx station and other systems later on.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
      X