Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Milwaukee sawzall cordless vs. corded.

Originally posted by stolen View Post
    Yup, nothing wrong with the smaller stroke if you are trying to be precise.
    Really?
    Try to convince my wife.
    She's not buying it when I tell her.
    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Doing only new const. in temps. from -20 to +100 the cordless can be a pain with batteries that don't like recharging when they are too cold or hot.Don't know if that's a problem with the newer batteries,but I've had it happen with DeWalt's,Milwaukee's,and Hilti's,I'll use a corded if I have a choice.
      Steve in the trade since 73 doing new residential/Commercial work

Comment

the new batteries still have issues below 20 degrees. not as much as they use too. once you get the battery warmed up first thing in the morning after that they run pretty well. I deffinately agree if you have a plug thats close and your not running one over 150' corded is the way to go. But most of the places ive worked its just alot easier to have a battery charging in the truck, run in with the tool and be in and out. Well some times. Most of the time my v28 holds up.

Comment

I carry both, my milwaukee super sawzall, and my Ridgid 18V. If i am doing a few quick cuts, the cordless is that I use. Alot of cutting, the corded saw gets used. I have 5 large batteries, and I can suck them all dry before the first one can recharge when using the sawzall with a heavy cutting load, plus its slowwwww compared to the corded versions.
          We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

With the way the guys around keep their batteries, it's impossible to do anything with a cordless. It's ridiculous how many times I go to use the battery drill or sawzall and it be dead. It's highly convenient, but it's hard to keep on top of that when you're always moving.
            Plumbing Solutions, LLC
            Plumber in S.C.

Comment

Again, I am really hating cordless anything. Especially sawzalls. Although I still have and use the dewalt 18 with the xrp batteries.Also my favovite drill is the dewalt impact ..again xrp (too cheap for lithium ion yet)They eat up batteries.So for production out comes the $79 dewalt sawzall .I have the 12 and 14 amp corded models .Usually the 12 is all I need that 14 gets heavy.My ridgid fuego is my favorite but at 4 amp it's not all that..It is nice for cutting closets bolts etc.and hard to reach areas.Porter cable has the ultimate sawzall that swivels in every direction known to man..So although I use cordless I prefer corded
              ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
                Really?
                Try to convince my wife.
                She's not buying it when I tell her.
                Weird, she hasn't complained to me at all.

Comment

Working...
                X