Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee sawzall cordless vs. corded.

The title explains it self, which one should i buy. is the cordless as powerful.

Re: Milwaukee sawzall cordless vs. corded.

Overall, a cordless will do what most people will want to do. Once in awhile a cord is better when heavy loads & long cutting times are having to be done.

There are several cordless that are close in performance. Don't get caught up in it having to be Milwaukee in my opinion.

Corded $79.00 DeWalt works fine too.

Good luck.

J.C.

Comment

Well, 10 out of 10 catalytic converter thiefs will tell you that cordless is the way of the cash flow.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I have both and both have their uses. My cordless is a newer M18 model with the new red lithium batteries. Works well, but not quite as powerful as a standard corded sawzall.
        My current corded model is a SuperSawzall which kicks all kinds of butt

If I am doing extensive demolition of metal piping in an open area the corded model comes out.

If there's only a few cuts or it's a tighter area, or I don't have access to power then the corded comes out.

I started with a corded model and added the cordless to give myself more versatility. I like having both.

I also have an m12 hackzall which is great for smaller jobs and the really, really tight spots.

-Chris

Comment

I highly recommend the cordless v 28 sawall.Which is now m-28.Does anyone even use corded tools anymore????

Comment

I also use the v28 sawsall its the best thing i have. With the 3 bay charger i always have one no matter what. It actually cuts faster then my corded wich i since then got rid of.

Comment

Originally posted by TOP-NOTCH PLUMBER View Post
              I highly recommend the cordless v 28 sawall.Which is now m-28.Does anyone even use corded tools anymore????
              I use a corded sawzall. Soo sick of batteries getting sucked dry. Plus mine wore out, and milwaukees cordless isn't anywhere near cheap.
              So bought the 100 dollar ridgid corded fuego from home deopt. Couldn't be happier with it.

Used to go through 2 batteries a day, now I go through 2 a week if that.

Comment

Originally posted by mtburdick View Post
                I also use the v28 sawsall its the best thing i have. With the 3 bay charger i always have one no matter what. It actually cuts faster then my corded wich i since then got rid of.
                I bet my super sawzall can whoop your M28!

Seriously, the super sawzall is the biggest butt kicker on the market.

My new M18 cordless has the redesigned switch-style chuck for the blade. much easier to change blades than the old twist style chuck

Comment

unless power outlets are an issue on the jobs, go with a corded saw.

a good cordless is 2 to 3 times the price of a corded unit.

if you want a dewalt, i can part with at least 1 of my stash of 10

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

I like corded for all my tools. About the only power tool I use with a battery is my Makita 18v LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 2-Pc. Combo Kit. Get the corded. And get the Milwaukee.
                    Will Rogers Plumbing
                    Moore, Oklahoma
                    (
                    405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                    http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

If its got a blade, I prefer corded tool everytime.
                      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Super Sawzalls rock! 1 1/8" and 1 1/4" spindle stroke vs. the typical cordless unit's 3/4" stroke (with some of the compact units having an infantile 1/2"). The longer stroke equals faster cuts and increased blade life. Plus the counterbalance in the Super sure reduces operator fatigue - which is a good thing considering some of the Supers weigh as much as a side of beef (Carolina style barbecued, of course).

BUT... I'm not a plumber (I'm a former Milwaukee tech). Just the mere thought of you guys standing (or lying, if it's a crawlspace) in a puddle of water wrangling a 120V corded tool makes my hiney-hole pucker tight, double-insulated & GFCI'ed or not.
                        "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

don't forget that in a wall with backing/ plaster/ stucco, a longer stroke could be disaster. while a 3/4'' stroke is slower, it also prevents the blade from striking a wall or binding inside the pipe.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Point.
                            "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              don't forget that in a wall with backing/ plaster/ stucco, a longer stroke could be disaster. while a 3/4'' stroke is slower, it also prevents the blade from striking a wall or binding inside the pipe.

rick.
                              Yup, nothing wrong with smaller the smaller stroke if you are trying to be precise.

Comment

Working...
                              X