X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My hands are numb, WTF!

Lately my hands and fingers are numb all the time, to the point it wakes me up in my sleep. really bad in the morn. Its not that it hurts, just more of a bother. whats this from, is it the glue or just working hard with my hands.

Re: My hands are numb, WTF!

Maybe a circulation issue..Carpal tunnel maybe also ..I use to drive a lot to get to the jobs back in a day .Same thing would happen to me .Was like my hands fell asleep..Very annoying.Naver figured it out..Let us know what you come up with..
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Both hands?...probably should see a doctor. Could be a pinched nerve and you should be wearing gloves if working with glue. That stuff will create havoc on your liver.

How long you been plumbing? Mine went numb after about 20 years in the trade but mostly in my right hand. (right handed)

Comment

The numbness gets better once I get to work, I hardly notice it, its the mornings the I feel it.

Comment

The problem is probably in your neck. Your neck does not hafta hurt. Or you could have capel tunnel in both wrists. I'm betting on problems with your neck. Ever had whiplash? Bad neck problems?

Comment

Is the numbness more in the thumb, index, and the middle fingers? Pain in the wrists? If yes, then you most likely have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Have you been using sanders, vibrating equipment more, lately, then before?

Try Advil, using prescription dosages for short periods of time. This usually helps.
            Last edited by Watersurgeon; 08-21-2011, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Drink three rum and cokes, three beers and top it off with two shots of Jose. There ya go, now your entire body feels the same as your hands! LOL
              Seriously, see a doctor if you continue having trouble.
              Last edited by ironranger; 08-21-2011, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Awe DAMN!

You got Dunbar Syndrome.

There is no cure.

Just start drinking now, by the time you can't wipe your arse no mo, bidet toilet seats will be voice activated.

"Right!" no, "Left!" "A little to the front-wait! That hurts back up!"
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

carpal tunnel
                  it usually effects the thumb index finger and middle finger, and part of the ring finger, the little finger is controlled by a different nerve,
                  they have tests that will check if the nerve is transmitting properly, and IF that is the case, I suggest the micro surgery, if surgery is the recommended fix,
                  I had my right hand done a number of years ago, and it was a good to get it done as it was not letting me sleep, and I tried wrist braces, that will hold your hand out correctly, (still use one from time to time), on my left when it acts up, they help but it is hard to work in them,
                  I tried a lot of the no surgical fixes and none helped much, ( the wrist braces did help me sleep but it continued to get worst, (try not to bend you wrist forward, keep your hand out straight), driving is hard on many persons wrists, typing is hard on them, a lot of repetitive motions,
                  hope you get it figured out and that it is some thing that is treatable,
                  picture is from, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Symptoms & Treatment : Doctor-Reviewed Information at Healthline.com
                  Attached Files
                  Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                  attributed to Samuel Johnson
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Not saying it is but I have the same problem and the doctor says it's very common and is a form or carpel tunnel. It occurs at night because of your sleeping position which puts pressure on nerves in your neck which causes the numbness. do you sleep on your back? If so, try not and see if it's better. If it is, forget about it. Nothing can be done except to change your sleep habits.
                    sigpic

Comment

Do You have diabetes in Your family? Is Your vision changing? Don't ask how I know. SEE A DR.!!
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

do you sleep with your hands above your hart like sleeping on your back with your hands on your chest
                        i did for some time and had the same problem
                        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

you guys are over thinking the problem at hand

try putting down the magazines for a month

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            you guys are over thinking the problem at hand

try putting down the magazines for a month

rick.
                            P&M, Reeves, which one?

Comment

I have had an (EMG) done for carpal an it is not fun as they stick electrodes into you and send jolts of
                              electric to find what nerves are damaged.But the result was that I was sleeping with my hand between the pillow and the head board so I changed up and okay so far and that was in 2005.
                              But yes see a DR.

Comment

Working...
                              X