Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low-Pressure Guarantee from Washington Gas?

I was told by a meter-installing subcontractor that Washington Gas now guarantees 7" WC on the low-pressure side, but I cannot confirm it. Does anybody know if this is true?

I just had them install a new 400/425 CFH meter with upstream regulator to accomodate an additional appliance. My water manometer tells me the static pressure (nothing running) is only about 6-1/4". (Even this is probably an over-estimate, since the measurement temperature was in the 80s F, not the specified +4 C for water-column measurements.) Can I get them to come back and adjust the regulator to provide at least 7" WC?

Back-story, FYI: A Google search finally turned up the thread: http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t26381/, which made me think one of you guys might be able to answer the above question. -- JClarkW

Re: Low-Pressure Guarantee from Washington Gas?

I was surprised when I started looking around here and noticed residential houses with 2 and 5 lbs systems. When I was plumbing in So Cal everything was 1/2 lbs. I have regs on my house here in NC. I thing 2 lbs systems are fine, easier to run tankless with. 1/2 lbs, everything has to go from the meter and be sized accordingly, I was running 114" gas to 2" gas sometimes.
    Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

Meter installer was wrong. I've worked in Washington Gas jurisdiction for 30 years and they wont guarantee anything in regards to pressure.

The fact that you have an upstream regulator is good. They should be able to give you at least 10" of WC

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        ...They should be able to give you at least 10" of WC

Thanks Plumberscrack. In fact I was able to get a service man (another contractor) to come out today and turn up the regulator to 7". He said he wasn't allowed to go above 7". Anyhow, that should solve my problem (although converting to high-pressure gas would probably have been a better solution). -- JClarkW

Comment

Working...
        X