X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finding buried pvc lines

Neighbor has many, some from an old well. Any ideas how to locate them? thanks.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: finding buried pvc lines

2 plastic straws, 2 bent coat hangers, metal type, about 20" in lenght, bent in the middle, stick the ends in the straws so they swivel, hold your arms at your sides, bent up at the elbows below youyr chest and walk slowly, when the hangers point to eachother, the line is pretty close to under you.

Im having a hard time explaining it, but have done itbefore, pretty good results also.

someone else might be able to put the instructions into be directions! Its called dowsing. I find the hangers in the straws work better instead of just holding the wire in your closed fist
    Last edited by BizzyBeePlumbing,Inc.; 08-24-2011, 07:08 PM.
    Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

the microdrain will go through the 1.5'' pvc 90's pressure style.

the camera will also go through 1'' pvc.

then there is a nano cam that will fit 3/4'' pipe. not sure about the 90 sizing.

they all have sonds that allow tracking.

i once did 200' of 1.5'' pvc with 45's pressure style on a koi pond for a big wig mayor with my mini seesnake.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by BizzyBeePlumbing,Inc. View Post
        2 plastic straws, 2 bent coat hangers, metal type, about 20" in lenght, bent in the middle, stick the ends in the straws so they swivel, hold your arms at your sides, bent up at the elbows below youyr chest and walk slowly, when the hangers point to eachother, the line is pretty close to under you.

Im having a hard time explaining it, but have done itbefore, pretty good results also.

someone else might be able to put the instructions into be directions! Its called dowsing. I find the hangers in the straws work better instead of just holding the wire in your closed fist
        We call it witching round these parts. And it's about as accurate as pissing on the ground and saying, your pipes right there, I see water.

Comment

Pulse generator and a leak locator.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Call an electrician. Tell him to install a new ground rod and I gaurantee he'll find it

Comment

Don't listen to any of these self proclaimed plumbers

If you want to find underground pipes, use this.
              IHI 15NX MINI EXCAVATOR | eBay

They are 100% accurate and they have this unknown feature that is automatic. It is called the "autolocate"
              What it does is allows the machine to automatically locate buried lines you didn't even know existed!

Just start digging, the machine will do the rest.

Comment

Still called a shovel.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  Pulse generator and a leak locator.

Mark
                  Bump
                  +1

Comment

Originally posted by stolen View Post
                    Don't listen to any of these self proclaimed plumbers

If you want to find underground pipes, use this.
                    IHI 15NX MINI EXCAVATOR | eBay

They are 100% accurate and they have this unknown feature that is automatic. It is called the "autolocate"
                    What it does is allows the machine to automatically locate buried lines you didn't even know existed!

Just start digging, the machine will do the rest.
                    100% Foolproof. Allthough.............sometimes I use an electricians fish tape and my Metrotec 810.

Comment

Have an 8 ton backhoe, i know
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Im with thé shovel idea Better yet tell thé homeowner He Can save alot of money sell him your shovel and tell him point * and point b let him decide how to get there. Jjk sean

Comment

Sean, where does one get mini carharts for toddlers at? Looks like a little boss bout to do some work in those

Comment

A Good Friend of mine got them im not sure Where il ask him thou...stolen

Comment

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
                              A Good Friend of mine got them im not sure Where il ask him thou...stolen
                              Good I need some, my son in 6 months old and the perfect size to stuff off in a crawl hole!

Comment

Working...
                              X