Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
finding buried pvc lines Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • finding buried pvc lines

    Neighbor has many, some from an old well. Any ideas how to locate them? thanks.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

  • #2
    Re: finding buried pvc lines

    2 plastic straws, 2 bent coat hangers, metal type, about 20" in lenght, bent in the middle, stick the ends in the straws so they swivel, hold your arms at your sides, bent up at the elbows below youyr chest and walk slowly, when the hangers point to eachother, the line is pretty close to under you.

    Im having a hard time explaining it, but have done itbefore, pretty good results also.

    someone else might be able to put the instructions into be directions! Its called dowsing. I find the hangers in the straws work better instead of just holding the wire in your closed fist
    Last edited by BizzyBeePlumbing,Inc.; 08-24-2011, 07:08 PM.
    Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: finding buried pvc lines

      the microdrain will go through the 1.5'' pvc 90's pressure style.

      the camera will also go through 1'' pvc.

      then there is a nano cam that will fit 3/4'' pipe. not sure about the 90 sizing.

      they all have sonds that allow tracking.

      i once did 200' of 1.5'' pvc with 45's pressure style on a koi pond for a big wig mayor with my mini seesnake.

      rick.
      phoebe it is

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: finding buried pvc lines

        Originally posted by BizzyBeePlumbing,Inc. View Post
        2 plastic straws, 2 bent coat hangers, metal type, about 20" in lenght, bent in the middle, stick the ends in the straws so they swivel, hold your arms at your sides, bent up at the elbows below youyr chest and walk slowly, when the hangers point to eachother, the line is pretty close to under you.

        Im having a hard time explaining it, but have done itbefore, pretty good results also.

        someone else might be able to put the instructions into be directions! Its called dowsing. I find the hangers in the straws work better instead of just holding the wire in your closed fist
        We call it witching round these parts. And it's about as accurate as pissing on the ground and saying, your pipes right there, I see water.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: finding buried pvc lines

          Pulse generator and a leak locator.

          Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

          I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: finding buried pvc lines

            Call an electrician. Tell him to install a new ground rod and I gaurantee he'll find it

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: finding buried pvc lines

              Don't listen to any of these self proclaimed plumbers

              If you want to find underground pipes, use this.
              IHI 15NX MINI EXCAVATOR | eBay

              They are 100% accurate and they have this unknown feature that is automatic. It is called the "autolocate"
              What it does is allows the machine to automatically locate buried lines you didn't even know existed!

              Just start digging, the machine will do the rest.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: finding buried pvc lines

                Still called a shovel.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: finding buried pvc lines

                  Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  Pulse generator and a leak locator.

                  Mark
                  Bump
                  +1

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: finding buried pvc lines

                    Originally posted by stolen View Post
                    Don't listen to any of these self proclaimed plumbers

                    If you want to find underground pipes, use this.
                    IHI 15NX MINI EXCAVATOR | eBay

                    They are 100% accurate and they have this unknown feature that is automatic. It is called the "autolocate"
                    What it does is allows the machine to automatically locate buried lines you didn't even know existed!

                    Just start digging, the machine will do the rest.
                    100% Foolproof. Allthough.............sometimes I use an electricians fish tape and my Metrotec 810.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: finding buried pvc lines

                      Have an 8 ton backhoe, i know
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: finding buried pvc lines

                        Im with thé shovel idea Better yet tell thé homeowner He Can save alot of money sell him your shovel and tell him point * and point b let him decide how to get there. Jjk sean

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: finding buried pvc lines

                          Sean, where does one get mini carharts for toddlers at? Looks like a little boss bout to do some work in those

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: finding buried pvc lines

                            A Good Friend of mine got them im not sure Where il ask him thou...stolen

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: finding buried pvc lines

                              Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
                              A Good Friend of mine got them im not sure Where il ask him thou...stolen
                              Good I need some, my son in 6 months old and the perfect size to stuff off in a crawl hole!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X