X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my auger cable

Lost my 50 ft auger cable down 4th floor bathroom sink drain of a 5 story apartment building. Know where it is but really don't want to cut hole in wall then pipe.Will toilet flushes and faucet usage push it on down and away or will leaving it in there cause a mess? Is a retrieving auger the best way to get it?
    Last edited by maintenance man jeff; 08-24-2011, 09:53 PM.

Re: Lost my auger cable

USE YOUR HEAD MAN! keep your mouth shut. Hire R.Rooter, THEN BLAME THEM! I love being IRISH
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

You have to get that thing out, I have been stuck in other peoples cables before, and they will cause stoppages time and time again and some other guy will get his cable stuck.

Do the right thing, get it out. If not, Im sure it will come back to you someday.
      Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

If you dont get it out
        some one else is going to post the pic of a cable some hack left in a pipe
        you can get it out

Comment

I don't even want to know why you have 50' of cable in an apartment bathroom sink.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            I don't even want to know why you have 50' of cable in an apartment bathroom sink.
            75 wouldn't fit the carrier
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

could it be that the 4th floor sink was the only one on the stack and the stoppage was at ground floor 40' below i doubt it, but it's possible

remember that between gravity and a stoppage, that little cable will be stressed out on a long run, especially a vertical drop. also it's very difficult to get a real feel for a stoppage on a long vertical drop with a flimsy cable. gravity wants to suck it down, but you have no real feel what the cable is doing.

drain cleaning is more than just sticking a cable into a line. same could be said for fishing. why is it that some never catch a fish all day long while others will reel in their limits

that cable will cause problems if not removed. and the longer it sits, the harder it's going to be to get it out.

can you pull it out from below?

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post

I was thinking the same thing, glad you asked the question
                Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

Cut the wall. Better to look stupid now to higher ups, than later when you have to call out AAA Superrooter plumbing at 2am because that cable is causing a flood.

If you can't get it out, call someone that can. Ya you're gonna spend money maybe to get it out, but if you can't get it out yourself, you are going to spend money anyways to get the line unstopped, and it may be at a bad time so emergency call on top of that.

And if he goes in blind and gets his cable hung up because you were not there to warn him... Bad stuff man.

Comment

I lost my auger cable too once. That day SUCKED!

Comment

Working...
                    X