X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dripping sound from toto Legato

Haven't been back yet but customer hears a dripping sound from tank! Will use dye to check flapper, and see if water adjust. is to hi on overflow tube. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: dripping sound from toto Legato

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    ... customer hears a dripping sound from tank! Will use dye to check flapper, and see if water adjust. is to hi on overflow tube. ...
    Could it be that as the tank water nears shut-off height, the valve slows to the point of filling the tank one-drop-at-a-time into the overflow tube?
    When it is doing that, I would shut off the STOP and see if it continues.
    Otherwise, it sounds like a leaking flapper or loose assembly parts - if that ever happens.
    I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
    It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
    "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

Re: dripping sound from toto Legato

Originally posted by Robert Gift View Post
      Could it be that as the tank water nears shut-off height, the valve slows to the point of filling the tank one-drop-at-a-time into the overflow tube?
      When it is doing that, I would shut off the STOP and see if it continues.
      Otherwise, it sounds like a leaking flapper or loose assembly parts - if that ever happens.
      No ,I've ajusted water to be 1/4" down on O.F. tube . It's not a big issue. no leaks
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
      X