X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum Trap Cover Preference

Assuming the threads on the drum trap have seen better days, what do you prefer... a Sioux Chief Mechanical Test Plug Test Titan OR do you prefer a "lead fits-all" clean out plug in order to get the best seal? Thanks!

Re: Drum Trap Cover Preference

I do own a 3" tap that I try to save the threads with and use a proper threaded plug. If the threads cannot be saved, I prefer to cut out a drum trap that has bad threads and replace it with a P-trap if space permits, if space does not permit, then a new drum trap.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by greekguy7 View Post
      Assuming the threads on the drum trap have seen better days, what do you prefer... a Sioux Chief Mechanical Test Plug Test Titan OR do you prefer a "lead fits-all" clean out plug in order to get the best seal? Thanks!
      Neither. I do the same as what ron said. One time I had one on the 4th floor of an apartment building and buried in the flexicore deck. Obviously, it was not coming out.Couldn't get any kind of a wrench on the tap (between the toilet and tub) I used silicone to caulk the edge too.

Comment

Try using a 4" rubber test cap,put it over the old drum trap cover ,tighten it with your nut driver and FIXED

Comment

Originally posted by laidback View Post
          Try using a 4" rubber test cap,put it over the old drum trap cover ,tighten it with your nut driver and FIXED

Good temporary fix for the customer until it can be cut out or repaired properly. Or if you have to reschedule the replacement. Thanks, I'm going to make sure I have one on the truck tomorrow. I normally don't fix them, cut them out every chance I get and replace with a normal pvc trap.

Comment

Working...
          X