X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Csst

What pressure & btu volume would be provided at the end of a 20' run of 1/2" CSST on a 2lb. system?

J.C.

Re: Csst

it varies based on brand of csst. there are differences betweent them.

the charts are all online from each brand.

www.gastite.com

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

So, to Rick or anyone, do you read that to be 445,000+-btu's based on the criteria I have given?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

I don't know how a 20' run of 1/2" CSST would provide enough volume for 445,000 btu's, that doesn't sound right to me.

Comment

JC you are correct, at 455,000 BTU's at 2#. That table includes bends and 2 end fittings

As Rick states, there is no ID standard with CSST

Comment

From looking into CSST last year for my project this is based on how good my memory is - based on each manufacturer's design and pipe diameter it is translated into an EHD which you can use with the CSST tables in the gas code. Possibly each manufacturer have their own tables. The formula for smooth wall pipe does not work for CSST due to the corrugations.

Also as a general statement regarding the first question - the real question should be "how much gas can I draw for a given pipe diameter/length before the pressure drop becomes too large to sustain operation". If you look at the tables they always specify a pressure drop for a given capacity draw. For smooth wall pipe I prefer to use the formula rather than the tables as you can calculate the value exactly.

Comment

2lbs of gas on a thin flex line sounds way to scary to me

Comment

The csst is rated for more then 2lbs. Tracpipe is rated for 5psi and 25 psi.

http://www.tracpipe.com/customer-con...et_New2009.pdf

Gastite:

http://www.gastite.com/include/langu...fs/ES-CSST.pdf

JC, I am certified in both tracpipe and gastite. If you still need your answer, PM me and I will find the books on them, just let me know which one you are using. I am also sure if you go to the manufacturers website they will havie sizing sheets on there. If I was tying into a 2 LBS system, upstream of the house regulator, I would run 3/4 over to my appliance then use my 3/4 regulator.
                Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

JC, I wouldn't put that crap in a dog house. It's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Crap Crap, Crapptiy Crap!
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X