Submersible Sump Pump

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submersible Sump Pump

I have a ridgid 3/4 HP Submersible Sump Pump w/Diaphragm Switch, yesterday it blew my circuit breaker. I reset the breaker and not it seems like the pump is not working.

The pump is 5 years old, could it have failed already?

Any ideas is greatly appreciated

Re: Submersible Sump Pump

Depending on how often it cycles will determine how long a sump pump will last, along with the whats in the water. In most cases I find sump pits under sized which makes a pump short cycle which shortens the life of a pump no matter if its a Ridgid, Zoeller, or Hydromatic. Five years is about average for the Arlington Heights / Palatine area.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

ANother note, the instalation can shorten the life of the sump pumps as well. I have seen some intresting piping done by lots of handyman installs, which puts extra stress on the pump.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

i would take a good guess that your diaphragm switch shorted out. good chance it got water inside of it.

since the pump is already dead. i would remove it and then check the switch for damage. i would think that you could still test the pump once you remove the switch outside of the pit and water.

the pumps i use don't have diaphragm switches. they are either a float on the rod or a piggy back float and cord.

give it a try and see if the pump is still good. a switch is cheaper than an entire pump.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

5 years on a sump! Man that's short, I believe that this pump had a lifetime warranty on it.

So I am going to end up buying a 2nd pump while I wait for the replacement!

thanks

Comment

So I actually had a Flotech not a Ridgid sump, and it did have a Lifetime Warranty!

Home Depot Exchanged it no questions asked.

What Sucks, new pump is only 5 year warranty!

thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X