Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

plumbing in second sink on opposite side of wall?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plumbing in second sink on opposite side of wall?

hello,
    i've a bathroom in my garage with a vanity.. i want to install a utility/laundry sink on the opposite side of the wall where my vanity is.. can someone give me an idea of how to plumb it? is it as simple as an s trap and corresponding t where the vanity currently ties in with the drain?
    thanks

Re: plumbing in second sink on opposite side of wall?

No S traps.....P trap is to be used...cut open your wall and cut in a tee on the drain stack and stub out a short piece then p trap in to that.....
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

thanks for the reply.. much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by last12know View Post
        thanks for the reply.. much appreciated
        Its sounds easy...depends on materials..but it kinda ain't too hard to do....

Derek

Comment

well rite now there is nothing from the vanity to the drain in the floor.. got studs up for the wall and the vanity isn't actually installed yet. didn't know if i could just use a t and have both drains come into the main drain at the same level. each sink would have it's own trap. have to get a chisel and cut a groove in the lead used in the old drain and peel it out first.. then some pvc using a female end on it stuck into the drain and packed with oakum then sealed with soil sealer... was told an upside down coupler with a female end would make the oakum easier to pack.

Comment

So are we talking about a floor drain or a drain in the floor between studs or ???

Derek

Comment

it's a sink drain between wall studs in the floor... i believe it's 2"

Comment

Originally posted by last12know View Post
                it's a sink drain between wall studs in the floor... i believe it's 2"
                If one is a vanity sink and the other a laundry tub with legs, then you best bet is to stack the two tees as the height of the waste from each fixture will be different....try and not to use a stupid cross fitting....you will thank yourself later if you don't....

Derek

Comment

thats what i thought but wasn't sure of...thanks again

Comment

Working...
                  X