Glacier Bay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Glacier Bay

I'm embarrassed to admit that I put a Glacier Bay lav faucet in my own home a few weeks ago (the $29 "builder" 2-handle). We are going to remodel the bathroom soon after the holidays but needed something to look decent until then.

It functions fine. I'm willing to bet that it comes from the same factory in China that Gerber and all the rest come from.

Kitchen faucets, I prefer something with 1/2" brass connection directly to the faucet body like the Chicago faucet Ron posted or other conventional deck mounted faucet. I never liked the soft copper stub outs that Delta/Moen/symmons/etc. had and I like the pex stub outs even less.

Don't even get me started on that patented Moen quick connect fitting that they use on the side spray.
    Last edited by Swade Plumbing; 10-24-2011, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Got to tell you I've installed GB that I'd rather put in my own house than the pos Delta wide set lav faucett I installed yesterday for a customer.

wookie

Comment

ever since the low lead laws here, faucets have turned into plastic and hose.

wookie, going to the trade show this weekend?

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
          It is great if you are looking for the cheapest thing out there because you don't care that it might act up in the very near future. Especially great to use if you are flipping a house and don't care because you cannot see the water flooding the house from yours.

Most of the time yes, but an average Joe at the supply house is going to get HOSED at the register. You will pay significantly more for san diego propane delivery in most cases. You need an account and significant volume to get anything at a reasonable price. (this is based on my personal observations)

BUT supply houses are less likely to sell JUNK to you. You especially do not need to worry about checking everything you buy, chances are good that what is on the outside of the box is whats inside the box. At the big box stores, if the box is not sealed, you need to dump the contents on the floor and perform an inspection and a full inventory. Lots of times I have seen used, broken, missing parts, wrong completely different product in the box...
          Yeah he definitely makes a couple good points here.
          Last edited by Socal John; 11-16-2011, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Absolutely!!

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            ever since the low lead laws here, faucets have turned into plastic and hose.

wookie, going to the trade show this weekend?

rick.

Comment

Working...
            X