Glacier Bay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glacier Bay

Is this brand any good? I think it's the HDs in store brand.

Re: Glacier Bay

Originally posted by franklin pug View Post
    Total GARBAGE!

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Can you recommend a brand that you feel is well made?

Comment

Complete junk. Order Delta, Kohler, etc from a plumbing supply house.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Dhal22 View Post
          Complete junk. Order Delta, Kohler, etc from a plumbing supply house.

David
          Should I avoid hardware stores altogether?

Comment

Should I avoid hardware stores altogether?
            Why shop for junk at retail when you can shop for quality at wholesale?

Comment

I have also read on this forum that if I buy a facuet at HD, it will not be the same quality as if I bought the same brand and facuet from a plumber's supply. True?

Can a regular Joe buy from plumber's supply?
              Last edited by franklin pug; 10-22-2011, 10:47 PM.

Comment

I have also read on this forum that if I buy a facuet at HD, it will not be the same quality as if I bought the same brand and facuet from a plumber's supply. True?

There are some plumbing supply houses that do retail to the public. You would need to check your local shops.

Comment

...i think maybe you heard that from a plumber's supply employee.

Comment

Its true with Moen and some other brands. The hardware store faucets tend to have more plastic and tin, where the ones the plumbers get from supply houses tend to have more brass, and are heaver duty.
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                      Its true with Moen and some other brands. The hardware store faucets tend to have more plastic and tin, where the ones the plumbers get from supply houses tend to have more brass, and are heaver duty.
                      Sad thathey go to thexpense and trouble of making a lower quality product which makes one believe it is their quality product?

Bestoilet I ever got was "Lamaze"(?) made in Mexico. The bowl design looked water-dynamic (like aerodynamic) with gently rounded corners, large pool area and very easy to clean. (Know nothing abouthe outlet passageway.)
                      I placed two.pen glass jars in the tank so it uses even less than 1.6 GPF and still flushes perfectly.
                      I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
                      It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
                      "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

It is great if you are looking for the cheapest thing out there because you don't care that it might act up in the very near future. Especially great to use if you are flipping a house and don't care because you cannot see the water flooding the house from yours.

Originally posted by Jones Mechanicals View Post
                        There are some plumbing supply houses that do retail to the public. You would need to check your local shops.
                        Most of the time yes, but an average Joe at the supply house is going to get HOSED at the register. You will pay significantly more in most cases. You need an account and significant volume to get anything at a reasonable price. (this is based on my personal observations)

BUT supply houses are less likely to sell JUNK to you. You especially do not need to worry about checking everything you buy, chances are good that what is on the outside of the box is whats inside the box. At the big box stores, if the box is not sealed, you need to dump the contents on the floor and perform an inspection and a full inventory. Lots of times I have seen used, broken, missing parts, wrong completely different product in the box...
                        Last edited by masterbeavis; 10-23-2011, 12:35 PM.
                        We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

[QUOTE=masterbeavis;362948]It is great if you are looking for the cheapest thing out there because you don't care that it might act up in the very near future. Especially great to use if you are flipping a house and don't care because you cannot see the water flooding the house from yours.

This is my worry: I come home from a long day at work to find out my kitchen is flooded. I am not afraid to spend money on quality products, but would like to avoid getting ripped off. What amount of money does a quality kitchen faucet cost (no bells and whistles, just a chrome high quality facuet that has an intregal sprayer). My last faucet was a delta, and cost about 300.00.

Comment

The truth is that some PP, Delta, etc use parts from the same factory as GB. Quality varies widely across all brands today. You get what you pay for, and the truth is for a kitchen or lav faucet, you could do worse than a GB

Comment

Check out consumer reviews i like delta but thé Last couple faucets have been plasticy and cheaper design dont like the pex integral supply lines moen same thing check out faucets.com or something look for what you like and see if a wholesaler has one you can visually inspect see if its the right faucett for you... I find alot of the new kitchen faucetts to be way to large horse cox.....seanny

Comment

Working...
                              X