Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't get Washer stand pipe correct height?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get Washer stand pipe correct height?

Washer either wont drain or wont fill.. I've tried to raiseing and lowering the standpipe height, Any which way doesn't work, either it's too low & washer wont fill, or too high & water won't drain. I'm confused! For now I don't care about code I just need it to work

I'm not that kind of contractor Rick
    Last edited by 4morereason; 10-27-2011, 10:13 AM.

Re: Can't get Washer stand pipe correct height?

Originally posted by 4morereason View Post
    I've tried to raise/lower the standpipe height above floor from 6", 2', 3', etc.. seems to be either too low & washer wont fill, or too high & water won't drain. I'm confused!
    I'm confused too!

Comment

not sure what code you follow.

but the upc is as follows.

the trap is between 6''-18'' from the floor. with the tailpiece a minimum of 18'' and a maximum of 30'' in length.

the 30'' would also have to account for a 45 elbow if you stub out.

but as a contractor, shouldn't you already know this

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by 4morereason View Post
        Washer either wont drain or wont fill.. I've tried to raiseing and lowering the standpipe height, Any which way doesn't work, either it's too low & washer wont fill, or too high & water won't drain. I'm confused! For now I don't care about code I just need it to work

I'm not that kind of contractor Rick
        The height of the stand pipe has nothing to do with the filling or the draining (not draining) of your machine.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

my guess is you have a different problem than the stand pipe,

our washer (and older Sears unit guessing 20 years old) , has a fill switch on the out side of the tank, and after many years it was plugged with soap and scum and junk, I had to take the top off take the agitator out and the inside drum out, to clean (the base of the washer under the agitator was filled with a clay, that was causing some problems with the draining of the unit, (I think the drains are on a timer, and just run for a length of time, via pump), there was close to a 1/2 to 3/4" of clay type substance on the bottom of the tank, (guessing it was from the detergent she once used),
          (I had replaced the sensor on the fill level, but the hole to the sensor was plugged,)

not saying that is the problem but it may be,

(my guess is if your drain pipe was to low you many have the water leak out of the tank), jsut like in a wringer washer you drain by lowering the hose down below the tank,
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

The height of the stand pipe has ALOT to do with the filling of your washing machine! If the stand pipe is too low, the washer cannot fill above that height. The stand pipe has nothing to do with the draining (not draining) of your machine, unless the standpipe is set at a ridiculous height,,,,say 10 feet!

Comment

Working...
            X