Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
American Standard flush tower does not float on water. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • American Standard flush tower does not float on water.

    New toilet.
    Larger tank outlet opening allows greater flush water bolus!

    As soon as neighbor takes hand offlush lever, the white plastic flush tower cylinder drops and closes.
    (I actually like that because I can make it use less water.)

    Flush tower has a funnel-like flare athe top. Rubber fill tube attaches to the flare.
    Inner vertical plastic mechanism with spring athe top and midway down looks like loose ratchet
    cams to catch on the tower cylinder.
    Have not even been able to disassemble it.

    Anyone know how this POC isupposed to work?

    Thank you.
    I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
    It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
    "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

  • #2
    Re: American Standard flush tower does not float on water.

    if it's the one i'm thinking of, they had issues and will send you a replacment that is an oversized douglas flush valve/ flapper style.

    post a photo.

    rick.
    phoebe it is

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: American Standard flush tower does not float on water.

      Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      if it's the one i'm thinking of, they had issues and will send you a replacment that is an oversized douglas flush valve/ flapper style.
      post a photo.
      rick.
      Thank you.
      I'll contact AS.
      I have no ability to post photos.
      I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
      It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
      "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: American Standard flush tower does not float on water.

        http://www.americanstandard-us.com/a...r/472D598A.pdf

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: American Standard flush tower does not float on water.

          THAT'S IT! Thank you Mark.
          Now I knowhato expect.
          I contacted AS and they are sending the replacement valve. Their flush tower never worked, even the firstime.
          I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
          It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
          "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: American Standard flush tower does not float on water.

            Pretty pathetic design..Sucks even worse if you supply the toilet and have to go and replace the valve for FREE..I never buy toilets with the tower piece of junk design.Every time I install one for a customer I know what's coming next..
            ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: American Standard flush tower does not float on water.

              Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
              Pretty pathetic design..Sucks even worse if you supply the toilet and have to go and replace the valve for FREE..I never buy toilets with the tower piece of junk design.Every time I install one for a customer I know what's coming next..
              Can you send AS a bill for the return visit?

              Anyone know how it wasupposed to work?
              I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
              It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
              "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: American Standard flush tower does not float on water.

                To get a "water sense" label or qualify for any rebates, the design of a toilet has to be such that it is NOT POSSIBLE to flush more water by holding down the handle.

                Better get used to it, because today's 1.6 gallons will be 1.28 gallons....2012 in CA, and a year or so later in the rest of the country.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: American Standard flush tower does not float on water.

                  Originally posted by lovetheUSA View Post
                  To get a "water sense" label or qualify for any rebates, the design of a toilet has to be such that it is NOT POSSIBLE to flush more water by holding down the handle.

                  Better get used to it, because today's 1.6 gallons will be 1.28 gallons....2012 in CA, and a year or so later in the rest of the country.

                  Hey let's pick an arbitrary number say 20% less than 1.6 gpm and make everyone try to move waste with that throughout the entire nation without causing problems.

                  Lord help us all !!
                  Time flies like an arrow.

                  Fruit flies like a banana.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: American Standard flush tower does not float on water.

                    Originally posted by Robert Gift View Post
                    New toilet.
                    Larger tank outlet opening allows greater flush water bolus!

                    As soon as neighbor takes hand offlush lever, the white plastic flush tower cylinder drops and closes.
                    (I actually like that because I can make it use less water.)

                    Flush tower has a funnel-like flare athe top. Rubber fill tube attaches to the flare.
                    Inner vertical plastic mechanism with spring athe top and midway down looks like loose ratchet
                    cams to catch on the tower cylinder.
                    Have not even been able to disassemble it.

                    Anyone know how this POC isupposed to work?

                    Thank you.
                    Sure sounds like an original champion toilet. Those flush valves were an astounding feat of some manager directing design engineers to operate at the lunatic fringe.
                    Time flies like an arrow.

                    Fruit flies like a banana.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X