Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 5/8 or 3/4 HEPEX - Which to use for baseboard

Originally posted by Jones Mechanicals View Post
    I'll give ya an easy one Money Bags...how many feet of 1/2 hpex would you use max on a loop of in floor radiant? Outdoor min temp is -15F. Indoor design temp is 74F. Mod/Con boiler with a max/min temp set of 145/106. Also what flow rate would you design that loop? No velocity...convert it.
    You got me on that one...lol. But we also don't get involved with radiant heat either.

Comment

The question you avoided has a wrong right answer. I wonder why? Every pex brand has different design loop lenghts. Tell me the brand. The indoor/outdoor design temps are irrelevant to answering the question. It would be helpful to know the design heat loss in btu/sq ft. The 145 water temp is curiouse. For staple up to cold for in-slab to hot, will overshoot all manufacturers design floor temp maximums.. You are either trying to set up an unanswerable question or you really dont know sh*t

Comment

Originally posted by money in jetting View Post
        The question you avoided has a wrong right answer. I wonder why? Every pex brand has different design loop lenghts. Tell me the brand. The indoor/outdoor design temps are irrelevant to answering the question. It would be helpful to know the design heat loss in btu/sq ft. The 145 water temp is curiouse. For staple up to cold for in-slab to hot, will overshoot all manufacturers design floor temp maximums.. You are either trying to set up an unanswerable question or you really dont know sh*t
        I assure you all factors are real and work well. The PEX brand is Uponor. I'm sorry I thought you knew your stuff...the design Delta T is 20F. You will answer your own btu rate with the answer and you have almost enough info...this is a straight water system. Now there is nothing more I can think you may need. Answer?

Comment

uponors radiant system requires heat loss in btu, you add up sq ft of heated floor, this gives you btu/sq ft, then you go to the charts for finished floor material and get that r-value, then you plot in the charts these two numbers and you get the water temp based on indoor design temp(145 is not acceptable). generaly in floor is not designed for 20 delta T but you can. now we size the pump. I neednt proceed. I dont know what upunor calls out for a max loop lenght, I could open a book instead of guessing. I generaly design loops with 250 ft max lenght, but a prominent web site designs with 500ft loop lenght.. Whats the longest loop lenght youve used succesfuly?

Comment

Originally posted by money in jetting View Post
            uponors radiant system requires heat loss in btu, you add up sq ft of heated floor, this gives you btu/sq ft, then you go to the charts for finished floor material and get that r-value, then you plot in the charts these two numbers and you get the water temp based on indoor design temp(145 is not acceptable). generaly in floor is not designed for 20 delta T but you can. now we size the pump. I neednt proceed. I dont know what upunor calls out for a max loop lenght, I could open a book instead of guessing. I generaly design loops with 250 ft max lenght, but a prominent web site designs with 500ft loop lenght.. Whats the longest loop lenght youve used succesfuly?
            You not only fail but you completely FAIL!!! Go home...none of the information was relevant to the answer. The general rule of thumb and widely known to anyone who actually does this type of work eludes you. The fact you even asked for more info or pipe brand was comical. To be honest you may want to hang on to your day job and keep quiet at night. You have the one by grace and mercy the other can serve no other purpose but to satisfy your delight for humiliation.

Comment

[QUOTE=money in jetting;364039](145 is not acceptable). generaly in floor is not designed for 20 delta T

These 2 statements alone show me the type of tech you are. Hackity, hack, hack. Hackity, hack...screw people all day long.... Yeah we know the tune...

Comment

I keep dueling pistols in My van. Please settle on time N place Boys
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                X