X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ejector pit running due to ground water

I have an ejector pit in the basement - fed by sink and toilet via a 4" drain line. It works fine, but a few days after lots of rain - it will run every hour. I know it is not the toilet as I have shut it off - and I can connect the behavior directly to the weather. This only happens a couple times a year.

So knowing that there must be some ground water seeping in around 4" pipe and where it comes into ejector pit (prepackaged zoeller) - is there anything i can do without busting up the basement slab? This unit is the black poly basin.

I guess i can open it up and caulk it, but i don't expect caulk - with pressure on the opposite side - to do much good.

thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Ejector pit running due to ground water

Originally posted by alphadog View Post
    I have an ejector pit in the basement - fed by sink and toilet via a 4" drain line. It works fine, but a few days after lots of rain - it will run every hour. I know it is not the toilet as I have shut it off - and I can connect the behavior directly to the weather. This only happens a couple times a year.

So knowing that there must be some ground water seeping in around 4" pipe and where it comes into ejector pit (prepackaged zoeller) - is there anything i can do without busting up the basement slab? This unit is the black poly basin.
    I guess i can open it up and caulk it, but i don't expect caulk - with pressure on the opposite side - to do much good.
    I would leave it as is and have it drain water from under the house.
    I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
    It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
    "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

The only reason I care is that it feeds my septic and dosing tank. I have a sump pump and daylight drain. But they are at a higher level.

Comment

You can use two part construction epoxy. Some H.D.s sell it to fit in a standard caulking gun. You will know what I am talking about because the tip screws on and has a swirly piece of plastic in it that mixes the epoxy as you squeeze it out. They probably carry Hilti brand. You will find it in the section of the store that sells concrete anchors, construction tie downs etc...

Comment

The only reason I care is that it feeds my septic and dosing tank. I have a sump pump and daylight drain. But they are at a higher level.
          If you seal it up tight, then where will that water end up? I would seal it but also install a sump pump next to it in its own container. Your fighting ground water, so make sure the container has some holes in it to allow ground water in from the sides. Combine the 2 sump pump drains and make sure both have a check valve installed.
          26+6=1

Comment

Working...
          X