Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

What would a plumber use in thier own house?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What would a plumber use in thier own house?

I used viega aluminum pex with copper stub outs and angle stops for my domestic. Wirsbo hepex for my radiant floor heat. And finally used PVC for my waste.

Comment

I would use 100lb black poly pipe and hose clamps for the water. PVC drain pipe with ABS fittings. Waterless urinals. 412 mechanical vents and nothing thru the roof. Galvinized pressure tank. Universal Rundles very first 1.6 gpf toilets, and for the heat I would install entran II everywhere I could fit it.
      26+6=1

Comment

Originally posted by EJW1 View Post
        I would use 100lb black poly pipe and hose clamps for the water. PVC drain pipe with ABS fittings. Waterless urinals. 412 mechanical vents and nothing thru the roof. Galvinized pressure tank. Universal Rundles very first 1.6 gpf toilets, and for the heat I would install entran II everywhere I could fit it.

Entran II is a rubber hose used for radiant in-floor heating systems and snow melting. It was manufactured by Goodyear Tire & Rubber for Heatway Systems from 1989-1994. A plasticizer was added when the tube was manufactured to keep it flexible. This plasticizer, however, began to leach out of the rubber when it was exposed to high temperature heating water. The tube then hardens and cracks, causing complete failure of the heating system. Entran II tubing was installed in approximately 10,000 homes throughout the U.S.
        How do I know if Entran II Entran 2 is installed in my house?

Comment

How do I know if Entran ll is intalled in my house? Thats an easy one. When you are looking for it with your flashlight you'll be standing in 6" of water.
          26+6=1

Comment

and orangeburg to the fiberglass septic tank once you have brought the pvc/abs out of the house. Also include some pvc electrical conduit in the dwv system.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Don.t laugh i was at atrailer today the guy had used some kind of flexible duct line and duct tape to attach the stubout for all the plumbing to the pvc coming into the foundation, its been like that for thirty years going back next week for a renovation il snap a feww pics and keep you posted....

Comment

You should use Schwinn Couplings on black poly. Mighty Putty on PVC to ABS.

Comment

If money isnt a issue then tig welded stainless steel for the water lines and pvc for the drains.

Comment

Originally posted by Killing time View Post
                    If money isnt a issue then tig welded stainless steel for the water lines and pvc for the drains.
                    Haha. Now that would last for your lifetime I would imagine.
                    That would be some serious coinage, wouldn't it?!

Comment

My house has ABS and PVC/DWV waste, and copper, CPVC, and Wirsbo pex for water with a few galvanized nipples and a few sharkbites just to keep thing even. See, I'm not prejudice!

Comment

Originally posted by nobackfall View Post
                        Haha. Now that would last for your lifetime I would imagine.
                        That would be some serious coinage, wouldn't it?!
                        Haha you would definatly want to keep the plumbing close to each other.

Comment

Working...
                        X