Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How ca I fix a pin hole in PEX tubing?

Where there's one there's many. Lazy man's piping is what it is.

Two rolls of garden hose, throw it on your shoulders and call yo self a plumba!

A little snip here

little crimp here

I'm a plumba!
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post

A little snip here

little crimp here

I'm a plumba!
      Gee you found me out please don`t tell anyone

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post

A little snip here

little crimp here

I'm a plumba!

Sometimes I crack myself up!

TWO YEARS LATER!!
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by marchboom View Post
          I would like to include a picture of the pex tubing but there is nothing to see
          Sounds like a split in the pipe or the water is running to that point from somewhere else.

Comment

If it is a short piece, and if you have access to the tools, I would replace the section of the pipe, ( for some reason I figure the less fittings and joints one can have the better it is,

(no I am not plumber, or have I played one on TV) but that is my idea,

I see no reason why just splicing it most likely will not do the trick but if the section is faulty, I would feel better replacing the section, and then if there is a manufacture claim there is some thing for them to examine. if wanted,
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
              If it is a short piece, and if you have access to the tools, I would replace the section of the pipe, ( for some reason I figure the less fittings and joints one can have the better it is,

(no I am not plumber, or have I played one on TV) but that is my idea,

I see no reason why just splicing it most likely will not do the trick but if the section is faulty, I would feel better replacing the section, and then if there is a manufacture claim there is some thing for them to examine. if wanted,
              BHD, You must have spent last night in a Holiday Inn!

Comment

I gonna get a rash of junk over this......rip that crap out and install copper!!!!!!!!
                type L ..... above ground and type K under for your manifolds.....
                sigpic
                30+ years as a plumber
                6 years in the Air Force

Comment

use a proper pex coupling and crimp rings. Copper is best, but most cannot afford to do a house that way anymore, or more accurately cannot get the job when bidding against other contractors using pex. Just the sad reality of the new world we are living in. That said, stay far away from any kind of sharkbite solutions.

Comment

It's fun to read these old debate threads about pex vs copper. In new construction pex is king and there is no arguing about it, it's just a fact. Just like propress is the future for copper repairs and installation. I said a long time ago either you stay up to date and evolve or you will fall behind. I've always been one to learn new things and stay up to date. I read all I can can, take classes when I can, and learn learn learn! Over the past few years I've watched the stubborn refuse to evolve, I've also watched them go out of business and complain about there not being enough work.
                    Yes it's fun to go back and read the old debates, they crack me up too! It's business, nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                      It's fun to read these old debate threads about pex vs copper. In new construction pex is king and there is no arguing about it, it's just a fact. Just like propress is the future for copper repairs and installation. I said a long time ago either you stay up to date and evolve or you will fall behind. I've always been one to learn new things and stay up to date. I read all I can can, take classes when I can, and learn learn learn! Over the past few years I've watched the stubborn refuse to evolve, I've also watched them go out of business and complain about there not being enough work.
                      Yes it's fun to go back and read the old debates, they crack me up too! It's business, nothing else.
                      Yes, seems it's always adjust or suffer. Remember this though, every PEX manufacturer except Wirsbo/Uponor has had class action brought against them to my knowledge. Even Viega.

Comment

Yea that pex stuff is a no go out here but i have used it in parts of indiana (gary, lowell cedar lske and hobart)& and dont see it catching on anytime soon in chicago anyb5ime woon but I would think if it was a pinhole you would be gettingz a lot more than just a drip.My guess would be its leaking from a higher point or a fitting and its settling there because of the bellies in pex and thats its lowest point.Id inv3stigate it a little more Before u do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
                          Yes, seems it's always adjust or suffer. Remember this though, every PEX manufacturer except Wirsbo/Uponor has had class action brought against them to my knowledge. Even Viega.
                          Uponor has as well.

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                            Uponor has as well.

Mark
                            So it seems that our great innovation of PEX has had premature failures & problems in every brand.

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post

Bob

Can you elaborate on Viega?????? Where can I get details

Comment

Gotta know which pex , uponor is expandable the others use external rings . Not really interchangeable ...

Comment

Working...
                                X